Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Geekbuddy and weatherbug?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

cblock

cblock

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Recently I downloaded a free epub reader that seemed safe. It also installed a bunch of other stuff, despite the fact that I declined every program they recommended. Now I have Geekbuddy and weatherbug, both of which I tried to uninstall, but won't. 

When I try to uninstall Geekbuddy, it opens up the software, which prompts me to "update" the software. Do I need to update it to uninstall it? It seems sketchy. 

Same with Weatherbug. Won't let me manually uninstall. I get the impression it's not running me through the steps of uninstallation. 

I also downloaded a font, recently, that was deemed 99% safe, and it installed "Chromium" web browser. Seemed like a Chrome knockoff. I uninstalled, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were other less visible programs it also installed, gah.  

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Hello,

Is this the same computer we are working with Here

cblock

cblock

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Haha, yes. 

I figured I'd start a new topic, because it was a completely new issue that arose from another download. 

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
New issue same computer, stay in the same topic or things could get totally confusing,

This topic is closed.