zwiiky.com change my homepage. I need ways to change them back, who can tell me how to do ?
zwiiky.com, how to get rid of it? [Closed]
Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:25 PM
Hello and Welcome!
My name is Dan, and I'll be helping you with your issues. If someone else is helping you, either here or at another malware removal assistance site, please let me know so that I may direct my efforts to helping another user. The Staff at Geeks To Go are ALL volunteers; please keep that in mind if I don’t answer your post as quickly as you’d like. I give what time I can. PLEASE be patient.
I am currently in training, so there will be another person reviewing my work. This may cause a bit of a delay in my responses, but on the positive side, you will have two sets of eyes reviewing your logs instead of one...
- Please note that you should have Administrator rights to perform any fixes.
- Before we proceed, you may wish to print instructions for easy reference during the fix. Please be aware that many of the required URLs are hyperlinks in the blue names shown on your screen. Part of the fix may require you to be in Safe Mode, which might not allow you to access the internet, or my instructions.
- Please understand that malware removal is a complicated, multi-step process. Therefore please stay with me until I tell you that your system is clean.
- Please do not make any system or program changes, or run any tools unless I specifically ask you to. Attempting malware removal or clean-up yourself will only extend the time it will take to get your system clean. If you get stuck or have questions, please stop and ask so I can help you.
- Be sure to back up any personal data files you need to keep (documents, photos, etc.) to a USB flash drive or external hard disk. While every attempt will be made to precisely repair the infections on your computer, due to the complexity and unpredictability of malware clean-up, there is always a risk of data loss.
- When posting logs, please Copy & Paste the log file contents into a reply. Use multiple posts if necessary, but please do not attach them or post them on a file hosting site, unless specifically asked to do so.
OK, let's get started...
- I noticed that you have a previous thread here that you didn't reply to, and it got closed. Many helpers will see this and avoid further help requests from you. I would be happy to provide free assistance, but I need you to commit to work with me until I tell you your system is clean.
- Have a look at the malware and spyware cleaning guide.
- When did the issues first start happening?
Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your Desktop.
Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.
- Right click on FRST on your Desktop and choose Run as Administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens, if asked, click Yes to disclaimer.
- Make sure the Addition.txt check-box is checked.
- Press Scan button.
- It will produce two logs called FRST.txt and Addition.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
- Please copy and paste the contents of both of those logs back here.
Posted 26 July 2015 - 04:03 AM
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users