Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is their a Smartphone / Mobile device that can play Movies / Music dir

• Please log in to reply

playball1987

playball1987

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a basic portable hard drive with a lot of movies and music stored on it & I was wondering if their was a mobile phone / smartphone currently on the market that would play back to me the music, movies installed within the hard drive

I am fairly technical savvy but need help in relation to the above

Thanks!

Advertisements

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Senior

• GeekU Senior
  • 1,101 posts

Most of the newer flagship Android phones are now OTG capable, and with this you could play anything of from a USB flash drive with just an adapter.

But in your case the issue is that a hard drive needs power to work, and the phone could not power that drive. So you'll need a special adapter with an input for a plug in cable to plug in the hard drive to electrical power in the same time plugged in to the phone. Here is one such adapter: Micro USB Host OTG Cable with Micro USB Power for Nexus 10 9 7 6 5 4 Player Nexus & Samsung Galaxy 6 Edge 5 V 4 IV 3 III