Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Idea Where to Start ... some pages open, some won't ...

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Just recently some pages open, some don't ... not sure if this is a viral/malware issue or what ... can I get some help?

Using Chrome, but if has also  happened  in iE ... some pages also just stop dead in the middle. 

dog

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello,

Did you able to ping in command prompt to those websites that didn't open?

Try this Certain Web Pages Won't Open

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 804 posts

I can't open that website link you gave me. Don't know how to ping or even use command prompt all that well either.

dog

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Ok lets start  :thumbsup:

Type cmd.exe in start--> search. In the search result it shows cmd.exe right click on it --> run as administrator 

In that window Type--> ping google.com (see the image shown below)

win7ping2.png

You will get a reply like this ,

pingresults2.png

Similar to google.com you try to ping yahoo.com, or some other sites which you not able to open in your browser and see whether it replies something and post the results of each web address replies here to help you further

That is you have to reply in your next post that you got how many packets sent, received and loss.

Regards  :)