Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Anyone Know How To Sideload an app on a Kindle?

• Please log in to reply

moondog830

moondog830

• PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

I have a Kindle Fire and although Android Technology,  I am  unable to load some games and  magazines  simply because they are part of googleplay.

I would like to be able to load one specific magazine and my only options for download are iapple (not  sure if that's right, but it's apple) or googleplay ... 

Can anyone  help me? Also, simply because I'm sideloading shouldn't be an issue all that I want  to  sideload is actually free.

dog

Advertisements

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

no one ever helped me here so I started looking in other places ... I still haven't figured out anything at all  yet 

dog

Yisroel

Yisroel

GeekU Junior

• GeekU Junior
  • 968 posts

Hi moondog830,

I'm sorry that you weren't helped till now. Are you talking about apps that require Google Play Services to function, or just simply that you could not got the app from any place other than Google Play Store?

moondog830

moondog830

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Just got back here to this problem ... I was unable to find some of the games I wanted other than at Google Play Store and therefore can't get them for my Kindle Fire. I hate it when companies operate this way. 

dog