Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with yahoo messenger!

• Please log in to reply

nareshracha

nareshracha

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hii ,
I am experiencing a peculiar problem of anonymous messaging with my yahoo messenger. Everytime I chat with anyone, without my knowledge a message appears in the window, its a weblink.The message i get is
Flash Music: Take Me To Your Heart
http://www.a4data.net/flash.exe
, one of my friend sent me this link, when i tried to open this, from next time onwards, its being appearing in others window, with whom ever i chat. I have tried by uninstalling and re-installing yahoo messenger 3 times, but no use.I have searched for all the files with flash.exe extension and deleted all of them, still no use.
Could anyone help me, how to get rid of this problem. who ever click that link even their yahoo messenger gets corrupted.

Advertisements

ejay563

ejay563

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Sounds like some sort of a virus to me. YOu could try using tirllian, which combines yahoo, msn, aim, icq, and iRC. You can download that here:

http://www.download....tml?tag=lst-0-1

Have you tried running a virus scan? If you don't have an anti virus program, you can downlaod a trial version of Norton Antivirus at:

http://www.symantecs...RP=0&CACHE_ID=0

If niether of these work, then my next course of action would be to reformat the hard drive (if you do this be sure to back up ALL your information), but I would see if anyone else has any other ideas before trying that. It's pretty extreme.

nareshracha

nareshracha

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hii ejay563,
First of all I would like to thank you for your reply. As you have said, it is some virus and installed some where in the system, which is not being scanned by any antivirus scanning. Coz, I have McAfee Antivirus, and I have scanned lot of times, but no use.
I had thought of reformatting the harddisk, but as you know, how tiresome it would be, coz I have data of around 6 Gb to be bakced up.Ofcourse, if nothing turns up, then I have to go for that and want to C if anyone else can come up with some solution.
The idea of using Trillion is really very good, and I have installed it, better I use that instead of reformatting.
Anyhow thank you very much once again,
Cheeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrssssssssssssssssss.........
Naresh

SkyHi

SkyHi

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Make sure to uninstall Yahoo Messenger.

-SkyHi

nareshracha

nareshracha

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hii,
I did uninstalled Yahoo! not once but thrice, still there is no use.
:tazz:
naresh