Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Password on .pptx not for .ppsx

• Please log in to reply

billrigth

billrigth

• Pip
  • 1 posts

As much as I looked for I couldn't find any option for adding password for .pptx format but not for .ppsx.
One of my friends has sent a file which is open in .ppsx but when u open in .pptx it wants password. How is it possible?
If you guide I will appreciate.The version of software is 2007 and my deadline for the question is as soon as is possible.
I've checked tools in save and all options in prepare in office button.
Best regards

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello billrigth  :welcome:  ,

Open a presentation or associated file sent to me by e-mail

Hope this helps

Regards  :)

nikolasnilce

nikolasnilce

• Pip
  • 2 posts

If your file became corrupted when PowerPoint or your computer crashed, there may be a temporary version of the file in your TEMP directory. If so, you can try the aforementioned Insert, Slides From File and browse to that file. Or you can try changing the file's extension to PPT and see if you can open it from within PowerPoint using File, Open. You could also do a search for *.TMP files on the off chance that it's not in your TEMP directory.If the presentation seems corrupted or on the verge of it, but you can still open it, download and use the CloneMe add-in from Microsoft (for PowerPoint 97 or 2000) or for PowerPoint 2000 and higher, try HTML "Round-tripping" to repair corruption
Or use PowerPoint Restore Toolbox from https://getsatisfact...pic_submit=true