Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Celeron performance

Best Answer phillpower2 , 26 July 2015 - 01:55 AM

That computer is fine for your stated use but it will not be a prolific gaming machine, did some digging around and found the same computer for $299.99 here You are welcome btw oldtoot  Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

oldtoot

oldtoot

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

I keep seeing laptops and desktops on the cheap with Celeron processors. I know the older ones years ago were agonizingly slow. I had one in a Dell laptop. But how do these latest Celeron units coupled with 4 GB of RAM perform? Most of my activity is watching You Tube and Web surfing, checking email. Any opinions appreciated with my thanks!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts

Post links to any potential purchase and we will take a look  :thumbsup:

FWIW: For your intended use a Celeron processor is fine but it does depend on the cost.

oldtoot

oldtoot

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

http://tinyurl.com/ofmv4hg

Thanks, Phillpower2!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,768 posts
✓  Best Answer

That computer is fine for your stated use but it will not be a prolific gaming machine, did some digging around and found the same computer for $299.99 here

You are welcome btw oldtoot  :)