Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How can I prevent the time icon from obscuring the down scroll arrow?

XP scroll bar

Best Answer RKinner , 24 July 2015 - 08:28 PM

I think that only happens if you have it set to Autohide the taskbar.  If you let the taskbar be there all of the time then Firefox should automatically allow for it. Close the browser... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

• PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

I wonder if others have seen this annoyance and whether there is a fix that I am missing.

With my desktop with XP and using the Firefox browser I frequently find that the lower arrow on the right-hand  vertical positioning bar is obscured by the horizontal bar at the bottom of the screen and , in particular, by the display of  the time. When that happens I can’t read the lower part of a displayed document. Continued clicking usually solves the problem but it is frustrating.

I feel sure there is a simple fix. Can someone help me?

Thanks.    ....batpark

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 17,331 posts
  • MVP
✓  Best Answer

I think that only happens if you have it set to Autohide the taskbar.  If you let the taskbar be there all of the time then Firefox should automatically allow for it.

Close the browser

Right-click the Start button, and then click Properties.

On the Taskbar tab, unselect the Auto-hide the taskbar check box.

3. OK.

Now start your browser.  Does that help?

batpark

batpark

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

<<Does that help?>>

Yes. Thank you so much. .... batpark