Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Chrome Issues

Native Client Security Manage

• Please log in to reply

sparkzz323

sparkzz323

• Pip
  • 2 posts

The issue i'm having is that "Native Client Security Manager" runs high on CPU often taking up to 40% of my cpu usage. This has only been happening recently and it stops webpages from loading and makes chrome almost unusable. 

I have tried looking up this issue and have found no fix or way to remove this plugin or tool. It is not a extension or any sort of addon i have installed, i have try reinstalling my browser and resetting it even removing all extensions yet nothing seem to work.

By using the in-browser task manager i can get the process when my webpages start playing up and not loading but it's only a short term fix and the process starts back up again on it's own, it seem to be related to opening a new tab.

I like using google chrome and would like to continue using it but if i can not fix this issue then i will have to try using another browser.

Attached Thumbnails

• Printscreen.png

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello sparkzz323 :welcome: ,

Turn off plugins

Visit the Plugins page by typing  chrome://plugins/ in the address bar and press Enter.
Find the plugin you’d like to turn off and click Disable.

Note: When you visit a page with a plugin that’s turned off, you’ll see a message that says the plugin has been disabled instead of seeing the video or audio that’s on the page.

I suggest you to Run a full virus scan also.

If you still having issues i suggest you to create a new topic in Malware forum. Details here.

sparkzz323

sparkzz323

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks for the help, after upgrading to windows 10 the problem seem to have fixed it's self. If the problem does return i will use your advice.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Thanks for updating..   :thumbsup:

You can ask if you have issues..

Regards  :wave: