Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help removing or fixing Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Erro

• Please log in to reply

MJP4628

MJP4628

• PipPip
  • 73 posts

Started popping up on every boot up, when I got back from vacation a couple days ago. Tried about everything that I have read to do with no success. Found this website and thought I would give it a shot.

Error is:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Also getting quite a few errors in Event Viewer, not sure if this has anything to do with it as well.

Could sure use some wisdom as this computer is only 4 months old.

Thanks in advance... Michael

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0333.JPG

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello MJP4628 :) ,

Mostly, this kinds of error can be caused by two factors:

1.Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries are missing.
2.Software problem.

If the issue is caused by #1, you can reinstall the Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries to resolve the problem.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)

If the issue still persists after installing above package, the issue should be a software problem. I suggest you take a clean boot check whether it is a software conflict issue. If not, it is still recommended to address the problem with manufacturer support. Thank you for your understanding.

For your convenience:

• Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
  • Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press Enter to start the System Configuration utility.
  • Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, you should type the password or provide confirmation.

2440068.png

On the General tab, click the Selective startup option, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)

2440069.png

On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.

2440071.png

• Note This step lets Microsoft services continue to run. These services include Networking, Plug and Play, Event Logging, Error Reporting, and other services. If you disable these services, you may permanently delete all restore points. Do not do this if you want to use the System Restore utility together with existing restore points.
  • Click OK, and then click Restart.

Note: Clean Boot is a troubleshooting step. If some programs have been disabled, we can re-enable them later. If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click "OK".

Please monitor the system in the Clean Boot environment. If the problem does not occur, it indicates that the problem is related to one application or service we have disabled. You may use the MSCONFIG tool again to re-enable the disabled item one by one to find out the culprit.

Hope it helps.

MJP4628

MJP4628

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Thank you so much for your help and replying. I did what you asked and the same message is still showing up. T

The only thing I did not do in your message is "If you see the System Configuration Utility, check the box of "Don't show this message" and then click "OK"."

Any other ideas?

Thanks again...

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

I see that you create a topic in Malware forum.

http://www.geekstogo...r/#entry2517603

If you think it is malware issue try to clean that first, after that still problem exists post here.

Regards

MJP4628

MJP4628

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

I was told by a Tech over the phone where I purchased machine that is is possible it may be a virus or malware issue. Had McAfee on my computer at the time, have been told since by a few people to definitely look into a better product. I have since removed. To be honest, I have no idea what the issue is and why this happen. Just would like to have my computer back to not issues. Will post or copy over when someone helps me with that as well.

Thanks again.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello MJP4628,

Yes may be problem occurs with Malware or virus also! we are not sure about it!  :upset:

I suggest you to clean your pc without malware in our malware forum. 

Our Malware Experts can clean your pc without malware completely.

After that if still problem occurs then post here. we are eager to help you! 

Otherwise just inform by replying that your problem is resolved!

I also suggest you to post this link to the malware forum also(after you getting reply), so that they have some idea about what is going on.

Hope you understand. ;)

Regards

MJP4628

MJP4628

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

We got everything straightened out in the malware forum... I cannot thank you enough for your time and wisdom as well with helping me with my computer...

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Thanks for reply back and it is appreciated!  :spoton:

Regards  :wave: