Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Block Office 2007 Updates

• Please log in to reply

eles

eles

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Microsoft keeps pushing Office 2007 updates at me.

I do not have Office 2007.

Is there any way to block these.

Maybe something like a registry key? 

Also, is there any way to delete useless updates I've hidden?

Recently, these have been KBs 2883029, 2965282 and 2965208.

I'd like to remove them from the list.

Edited by Eles, 29 July 2015 - 08:04 PM.

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

To prevent the update from installing on your computer, click to clear the check box for the update on the Microsoft Update or Windows Update detection results list. Only install the updates that you want. The next time that you visit Microsoft Update or Windows Update, the update that you chose not to install will be recommended again.

Note  If you apply a security update for a component that is not installed but that is included with your version of the Microsoft Office suite or another Microsoft Office product, there is no adverse effect on the security or performance of the system.

In Windows Update, view the list of updates (by clicking on text like "1 optional update is available"). Right-click on each one you're not interested in, and select "Hide Update"

Regards  :)