Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CANT USE ANY BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER ! PLZ HELP!

WINS7 GOOGLE CHROME OPERA MOZILLA FIREFOX APPDATA DELETED FILES

• Please log in to reply

kingkobra

kingkobra

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello everyone, my mother gave me her old laptop and she deleted too much stuff . there's no recovery manager and this laptop is pretty old. I'm running Windows Vista on an HP Compaq 6710b. Any help regarding this matter would be amazing. When I clicked on Google Chrome, it says it cant write in it's directory and when I click on Mozilla Firefox it says that my profile may be missing or corrupted. But when I click on Opera it says it cant open user profile . I have no idea what to do so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Go into Control Panel, User Accounts and create a new account.  Make sure the new account has administrator rights.  Give it a password.  Then log out and log in as the new account.  Try downloading and installing Chrome or Opera or Firefox with the new account.