Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Saving Windows10 to Disc

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Rickles

Rickles

• PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Hi,

Apologies if this has been covered before but all this computer speak is a bit beyond me.

The icon on the toolbar states that 10 is ready to download.

Do I only get to download it now instead of waiting to see how it goes or Is it possible to download Windows10 straight to a disc or external drive so I can install it at a later date?

If so can you give me step by step instructions?

You guys I trust, the information on the Internet is either contradictory or I cannot understand it.

Regards

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts
Hi,

You can download Windows 10 directly from Microsoft and create a Flash Drive or DVD.
https://www.microsof...nload/windows10

Make sure you select the version that matches the Windows edition you have now.

You have one year to upgrade to Windows 10 and activate, after that period if you didn't request your license to install you will have to buy a windows 10 license.

Rickles

Rickles

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Hi SleepyDude,

Thank you for the reply.

That is just what I needed to know about Windows 10.

A very precise answer for someone like me,.

I just use the computer for my photography and I will not change anything unless I come to you guys first.

Regards