Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 8.1 Installation. No drivers were found.

• Please log in to reply

NoobieAF

NoobieAF

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi all,

I know I am really stupid but while installing windows 8.1 I accidentally deleted all partitions during the installation.

Now when I try to install it I get this error of no drivers were found and having windows ask me to load one.

I have looked online and have tried many different drivers but this has not worked, I have also tried to use diskpart however it recognises the disk as no media with 0b used and 0b free.

I would really appreciate some help!

Specs:

Gigabyte H61MA-D3V

Western Digital Blue

Intel i3 3.3ghz

AMD Radeon HD 7700

Edited by NoobieAF, 02 August 2015 - 03:05 AM.

Advertisements

amarkkassery

amarkkassery

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Do you have a SSD and/or a RAID configuration?

Also, is this a pre-built system, or did you build it?

Edited by amarkkassery, 02 August 2015 - 03:09 AM.

NoobieAF

NoobieAF

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Do you have a SSD and/or a RAID configuration?

Also, is this a pre-built system, or did you build it?

Hi Amarkkassery,

No I do not have an SSD or RAID configuration.

This was not built by me, however I bought it from a custom build company.

Thanks for replying,

amarkkassery

amarkkassery

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Go to the following site: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4089#dl
  • Choose the OS, you are trying to install Win 8.1 (32bit or 64bit)
  • Scroll down to "SATA RAID/AHCI" or "SATA RAID" and download the "Intel SATA Preinstall driver" and "Marvell Preinstall Driver", from the location closest to you.
  • Double click the files that you download, and it will ask you a location to extract. Give it a USB Flash drive.
  • Now you have the drivers.
  • When you try to install your OS, and it asks for driver, insert your usb and show both those locations, and it should be able to pick it up, and do the install.

Please do let us know, how it went.

Good Luck!

NoobieAF

NoobieAF

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• Go to the following site: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4089#dl
  • Choose the OS, you are trying to install Win 8.1 (32bit or 64bit)
  • Scroll down to "SATA RAID/AHCI" or "SATA RAID" and download the "Intel SATA Preinstall driver" and "Marvell Preinstall Driver", from the location closest to you.
  • Double click the files that you download, and it will ask you a location to extract. Give it a USB Flash drive.
  • Now you have the drivers.
  • When you try to install your OS, and it asks for driver, insert your usb and show both those locations, and it should be able to pick it up, and do the install.

Please do let us know, how it went.

Good Luck!

I have tried to do the following, when I select the drivers none show up, however when I untick hide drivers that are not compatible with this computers hardware it gives me a long list. I have tried these and none of them work.

Thanks for replying.

amarkkassery

amarkkassery

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Did you download both the drivers and extract both onto a flash drive?

The Motherboard you have is the Gigabyte H61MA-D3V, correct? But do you know which revision you have?

Can you try to download both the drivers from this site as well, and try again : http://www.gigabyte....spx?pid=4184#dl