Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Epson Photo RX620 scan problem

• Please log in to reply

xtremeled

xtremeled

• Pip
  • 4 posts

This is frustrating. I've found some old info but nothing that works and nothing current. I had the Epson scan utility loaded and when I swapped out the HD it obviously was gone. I downloaded the software but i get the error message that it cant open. The only scans I can do are picture files. I cant save to a PDF format but I can save to JPG,BMP and one or two others here. Does anyone have a solution?

Advertisements

amarkkassery

amarkkassery

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Are you connected using a local connection?

Can you also tell us what operating system, you are trying to run this on?

xtremeled

xtremeled

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Are you connected using a local connection?

Can you also tell us what operating system, you are trying to run this on?

The connection is USB right to the PC. OS is Win 7 64 bit home premium

amarkkassery

amarkkassery

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Try opening the "Epson Scan Settings" program, and make sure you have selected local, and do a test to see if it connected.

Also, can you print okay?

xtremeled

xtremeled

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

It prints fine. I cant open Epson Scan. Error says Epson scan cant be started.  

like the drivers are not there.

amarkkassery

amarkkassery

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Let's try this in the following manner:

• We shall try to uninstall your existing drivers, and software.
  • Caution: This is a dangerous step, and may render your computer useless, if you uninstall the wrong drivers. If you can post a screen shot of the "Device Manger" with all the categories expanded, we may be able to help you with choosing the right devices to be uninstalled.
  • We shall reinstall fresh drivers from Epson's website
  • And, rather than using Epson Scan Utility, we shall use Windows 7's built in Fax and Scan tool.
  • While having the printer connected and switched on, go to Programs and Features (Start>Control Panel>Programs>Programs and Features), and uninstall any EPSON software linked to your printer and scanner (including the Epson Scan Utility).
  • Follow any instruction to unplug your printer (if any) during the uninstall process.
  • If no instruction shows up to unplug the device, then open Device Manager (Open Run by pressing the 'windows' key and 'R' key simultaneously, then type in: devmgmt.msc ). Right click on your printer or scanner and click uninstall. (You might have to expand the categories to see your device. Check under "Imaging Devices", "Other Devices", "Universal Serial Bus Controllers", "Ports COM&LPT".) You might have to delete multiple drivers. Confirm any warning messages to agree that you want to uninstall.
  • Unplug your device from the computer
  • Restart your computer
  • Go to http://www.epson.com...form=OSF_W_7-64 and download the "Printer Driver and Scanner Driver"
  • Install the software that you just downloaded. (Follow any instructions to attach your printer during the installation process; if none is shown, attach your printer at the end of the install, and turn on the printer)
  • Restart your computer.
  • Insert a sample to be scanned to the printer.
  • Open Windows Fax and Scan (Start>All Programs>Windows Fax and Scan)
  • Click Scan at the bottom of the left pane
  • On the toolbar, click "New Scan"
  • In the New Scan dialog box, click the Profile list, and then click Photo.
  • Click Scan.
  • Now open Devices and Printers (Start>Devices and Printers)
  • Under Printers, right click your printer and click "Printer Properties" and click on "Print Test Page".

This should confirm that you have both your scanner and printer working.

Please let us know how it went, whether for good or for bad.

xtremeled

xtremeled

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I solved the problem before I saw your last post. Here's what I did: Since Win7 owns the drivers and obviously not complete on my system I went back to the Epson site and chose Win Vista as my OS. This enabled me to actually download the drivers which I could not do if the OS shows Win7. Once I had that I installed everything and it is now working perfectly. I thank you for the help

amarkkassery

amarkkassery

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Thanks for updating us and also the process you used to solve your issue.

Thanks again!