Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Specific website not loading on 1 machine only [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Shotimewgh

Shotimewgh

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I use LinkedIn for business and as of this past weekend, the site does not function properly on my home PC with Windows 7 64bit operating system.  I have tried Explorer (default) Chrome and Firefox.  Chrome does offer some functionality, but is very slow and still freezes.  All other websites on Explorer work fine.  Further, last week a thumb drive failed and indicates it needs to be formatted before using.  I have tried to restore it however the formatting message keeps appearing.  My question for assistance is not about recovering the thumb drive data, rather I mention it as a point of reference only. 

My system appears to be running fine other than the  LinkedIn website not working properly. My LinkedIn account works perfectly on other machines.  My AV is Microsoft Security Essentials and I also run Malwarebytes Pro.  Neither of these which update and scan daily has picked up anything.  I also did a system restore to 7/25/2015 prior to contacting Geekstogo.com.

My FRST Scans appear below.

Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST) (x64) Version:02-08-2015 01

==================== End of log ============================

Edited by Shotimewgh, 06 August 2015 - 06:48 AM.

Advertisements

Shotimewgh

Shotimewgh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Additionally, Outlook.com is not fully functional.  While I can logon into my email account, and see my inbox, I can not open any messages.  LinkedIn and Outlook.com email are mostly open concurrently.  Thank you.

Pyxis

Pyxis

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,228 posts
Hello Shotimewgh,

I apologize for the delay! If you still require assistance, kindly follow the below steps (we are in need of fresh logs):
  • Step 1

If you haven't already, download 'Farbar Recovery Scan Tool by Farbar' and save it to your desktop.
    • Simply double-click the program icon to run it. It will ask for administrator privileges.
    • The program will initialize. Press Yes to accept the disclaimer.
    • Put a check on Addition.
    • Press the Scan button after.
    • It will produce FRST.txt and Addition.txt on your desktop once done.
    • Copy (CTRL + A and CTRL + C) and paste (CTRL + V) the content of the logs in your next reply.
  • Logs to Post

In summary of the above, I will need you to post the following log(s):
    • Addition.txt (Farbar Recovery Scan Tool)
    • FRST.txt (Farbar Recovery Scan Tool)
Thank you.

Pyxis

Pyxis

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,228 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a new topic.