Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10

• Please log in to reply

coolsteel

coolsteel

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Hi and thanks for your time, have upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10 all went well but now outlook 2010 e-mail client will now only recieve e-mail and sending will not work with error message
Task '******@gmail.com - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
Task '*********@hotmail.com - Sending' reported error (0x800CCE05) : 'Unknown Error 0x800CCE05'

Any idea's as i have googled with no joy.

Thanks

Coolsteel

Advertisements

dmsnoless

dmsnoless

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have exactly the same problem with Outlook 2010 since installing Windows 10 Pro - sending email just won't work, giving the message:
Task 'Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCE05) : 'Unknown Error 0x800CCE05'

Everything worked fine with all the previous builds of Windows 10 Technical Preview!

I thought it might be a problem with Norton Internet Security 2015 but the problem remains even after fully deleting Norton.

Anyone got any ideas?

toybrowser

toybrowser

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I have exactly the same problem. Outlook 2010 with outlook connector was working in Win8.1 with exchange/O365 account, a couple of hotmail accounts and a couple of outlook.com accounts. After upgrading to Win10, none of the hotmail or outlook accounts can send, but they can receive.

The error message is "Task '[EMAIL@ADDRESS] - Sending' reported error (0x800CCE05) : 'Unknown Error 0x800CCE05'"

I have looked around and tried uninstalling/reinstalling the outlook connector as advised by many other articles.

Other articles have mentioned SMTP settings and port numbers - but seeing as the outlook connector doesn't give that much control, I tried a send and receive with the firewall off completely... and still nothing.

There is also nothing showing up any of the "Sync Issues" forlders for any of the hotmail or outlooks accounts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

coolsteel

coolsteel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
found this not tried it yet as i am at work. https://support.micr...en-gb/kb/929833

toybrowser

toybrowser

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Thanks coolsteel! That seems to have done it for me :D How did you come across that article?

For future reference, and in case that link ever breaks:

1. open a command prompt with administrator privileges

2. type "sfc /scannow" (without the quotes) and press enter

3. let the scan run all the way through to 100% (I was away from my desk for about an hour and it had finished by the time I came back)

That's it! I ran the scan with Outlook open and just restarted it once the scan had finished... and the emails that had been in my outbox for a couple of days were sent immediately.

coolsteel

coolsteel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

worked  for me as well, it took 16 mins for the scan to complete. Just googled my problem and came across a forum directing me to the solution.

Edited by coolsteel, 06 August 2015 - 07:31 AM.

dthayward

dthayward

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Thanks - this help is  excellent and it fixed the problem. 

Douglas

adechalain

adechalain

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Thanks so much for that answer 2 fu..ing days looking for a solution in french and nothing...

And in 10 mn it fixed it.