Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Getting a blank page when loading certain website

• Please log in to reply

raja15feb

raja15feb

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hi,

I get a blank web page when I try to open certain websites. I am not sure why this happens. Tried with different browsers, same response.

My friend is able to open the same website through my broadband connection. I am sure its not an IP issue otherwise my friend who accessed thorough my net connection will also be blocked.

I tried to ping the site though cmd prompt and its working fine.

I am able to access these sites using an anonymous proxy though.

For instance, when I try to open the site, http://imgbox.com

I get a blank page in response. Please help me

Here is the source code:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN">
<html><head<title></title></head><body> <!--This is a comment. Comments are not displayed in the browser--> </body></html>

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • First, try reloading the page.  Sometimes this is all that is needed.
  • Temporarily turn off your computer's firewall, and see if you can then view the site. Sometimes firewall settings can be so restrictive that valid websites are also blocked.
  • Clear your computer's cache.

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 17,334 posts
  • MVP

You might try resetting your hosts file.  If you have used something like Spybot S&D and it "immunized" your system it does that by filling your hosts file with a lot of links pointing to 127.0.0.1.  (This is a really stupid idea for any OS newer than XP as it slows your networking down quite a bit so resetting the Hosts file to the default shouldn't hurt anything unless you are trying to pirate adobe software.) 

Easiest way is:  Download HostsXpert from http://www.majorgeek...hostsxpert.htmlSave the file then right click and Extract All.  It will create a new folder in the same place.  In the folder find HostsXpert.exe and right click on it and Run As Administrator.

It will take a few seconds to appear.  If the top line in the left column says Make Writeable, click on it and it should change to Make Read Only?  If it already says Make Read Only? that's OK just go on to the next step.
Now click on the left column entry that says: Restore MSHosts file.  Click on the Make Read Only? entry then close HostXpert.

You can also check that the site is not listed in Restricted Sites (IE, Tools, Internet options, Security, Restricted, Sites).

Clear out any cookies that refer to the site.

Finally make sure your DNS has the right address (Instructions are for Vista or Win 7.  XP just double click.  In win 8 you can search for CMD and it should find cmd.exe.  Right click on it and Run As Administrator):

Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator, Continue.  Type with an Enter after each line (I have added extra spaces so you can see where a single space goes as the forum software squeezes things together):

nslookup   imgbox.com

You should get something like this:

Server:  homeportal
Address:  192.168.1.254

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    imgbox.com
Address:  207.244.71.19

Do you get the same Address?  In the same window type:

tracert  -d   207.244.71.19

You should get something like this:

Tracing route to 207.244.71.19 over a maximum of 30 hops

1     3 ms     1 ms     1 ms  192.168.1.254