Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 10 waiting.....................

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

rigs

rigs

• PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

I'm still waiting notification to upgrade.  my question is, should I wait fo be notify, or should I go ahead and upgrade manually? I've read that people are having problems when they've done it manually.......

Thank You

Advertisements

nordvark

nordvark

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Why not wait for the dust to settle, let others sort out the gremlins before jumping in :D

lee1976uk

lee1976uk

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

i am going to wait for a few months so all the dust can be cleared before i look to upgrade.  New software is always going to be buggy.  no point in jumping in with two feet at the moment :D

rigs

rigs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

i  was thinking the same but isn't W10 available free for a limited time?

Thank You

nordvark

nordvark

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Yes, free upgrade (if thats the right word) for 12 months. Plenty of time yet.

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

I would recommend waiting a couple of months before even thinking about it, some are reporting no problems with the upgrade regardless of which way was used, others like myself are having all sorts of problems. I am stuck with a blank black screen and the system going nowhere after at least two hours. This is now the second attempt to get Windows 10 on my Acer Aspire 5935G.

A good job I have a current and up to date image of the previous Windows 7 operating system. If no change with my system after another hour, then the image gets loaded back on and it stays like that.

rigs

rigs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

thanks for the info.   I'll wait to d//load W10.............