Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Youtube/Vines loading but not playing - Forever Paused

youtube vines vine internet explorer chrome windows 10 not playing loading paused

• Please log in to reply

DenmoMcstronghuge

DenmoMcstronghuge

• Pip
  • 5 posts

This started happening yesterday inexplicably. Youtube videos will load. I see the grey loading bar fill up, and I can even scrub the timeline and see a still image of the movie as if it was paused. But hitting the 'play/pause' button does nothing. It never plays.

- I tried it in Chrome and Internet Explorer. It's not unique to browsers.

- I recently updated to Windows 10.

- I've updated all my video drivers.

- I've run a Spybod S&D scan and fixed whatever popped up

- I've run a virus scan with Avira

- Defragmented my HDD

- Cleared the cache in Chrome

- Checked Chrome for latest update

- Reinstalled all my video codecs

- Restarted the computer after each and every one of these attempts

Google search can't find a solution to my problem. What's going on?

Update: 

I just found out that if I restart the browser/computer and try to play a video again, it'll sometimes play a couple seconds with sound, but then the sound will cut out, and then eventually the video playback will stop. Then no videos play after that.

Edited by DenmoMcstronghuge, 07 August 2015 - 01:17 AM.

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello DenmoMcstronghuge :welcome: ,

other than you tube videos what about your pc videos?

and videos of other websites?

Deric345

Deric345

• Pip
  • 1 posts

this problem is not even unique to computers. the same thing will happen when trying to watch youtube on my Xbox One and Nexus 9 tablet. this issue just started to happen at about 1:30 am mountain time. are you using Xfinity? maybe its the isp, or something. it has to be if this happens on things like game consoles and tablets.

are you also in the mountain time zone? check this out  https://downdetector...us/youtube/map/

lots of reports from the mountain areas.

Edited by Deric345, 07 August 2015 - 01:37 AM.

DenmoMcstronghuge

DenmoMcstronghuge

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hello DenmoMcstronghuge :welcome: ,

other than you tube videos what about your pc videos?

and videos of other websites?

I run my PC videos just fine.

As an update, Sometimes after restarting the browser or computer, the videos will play for about 3-5 seconds with no sound. After that, no videos play.

DenmoMcstronghuge

DenmoMcstronghuge

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

this problem is not even unique to computers. the same thing will happen when trying to watch youtube on my Xbox One and Nexus 9 tablet. this issue just started to happen at about 1:30 am mountain time. are you using Xfinity? maybe its the isp, or something. it has to be if this happens on things like game consoles and tablets.

are you also in the mountain time zone? check this out  https://downdetector...us/youtube/map/

lots of reports from the mountain areas.

No, my internet is not the problem. I can play videos on my iPhone using my Wifi connection just fine.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

If you're using chrome, try typing "chrome://plugins" in your address bar without the quotations. Disable flash there and then enable it.

For others try to update flash. But i dont think flash is available for windows 10

DenmoMcstronghuge

DenmoMcstronghuge

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I did as you said in Chrome, still getting the same problem.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Did you restart chrome or your pc?

DenmoMcstronghuge

DenmoMcstronghuge

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Solved the issue. Turns out my G35 headset was causing sound issues with my computer. When I disabled the device and used a different sound device, Youtube videos began running fine again. I'm going to reinstall the driver and see if it works or if there's something haywire with the headset entirely. I will reply to this thread again if there's any further issue in case someone else has a problem.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Thanks for updating!  :thumbsup:

you can reply here whenever you got issue!