This started happening yesterday inexplicably. Youtube videos will load. I see the grey loading bar fill up, and I can even scrub the timeline and see a still image of the movie as if it was paused. But hitting the 'play/pause' button does nothing. It never plays.
- I tried it in Chrome and Internet Explorer. It's not unique to browsers.
- I recently updated to Windows 10.
- I've updated all my video drivers.
- I've run a Spybod S&D scan and fixed whatever popped up
- I've run a virus scan with Avira
- Defragmented my HDD
- Cleared the cache in Chrome
- Checked Chrome for latest update
- Reinstalled all my video codecs
- Restarted the computer after each and every one of these attempts
Google search can't find a solution to my problem. What's going on?
I just found out that if I restart the browser/computer and try to play a video again, it'll sometimes play a couple seconds with sound, but then the sound will cut out, and then eventually the video playback will stop. Then no videos play after that.
Edited by DenmoMcstronghuge, 07 August 2015 - 01:17 AM.