Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Connecting to WiFi with an LG smartphone with Android 4.2.2

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

• PipPipPip
  • 677 posts

I must be soing something wrong when connecting to many  WiFi sites, for example on a bus. Can somone please straighten me out?

I click Settings and see that my Airplane mode is OFF and my WiFI is ON. I see the id of the site, click on it, and get the message I am connected (having been told that no password is required). But still I am NOT connected.

I have been told that I must do something else before I am REALLY connected. --- something about clicking on a browser and agreeing to terms and conditions. ???

I would certainly appreciate clarification here. Thanks.  ....batpark

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,028 posts
  • MVP

if the location (like the bus) is using what's called "captive portal", then you do indeed need to open your webbrowser after connecting to the wireless network to agree to their terms and conditions. fairly common in hotels where you have to enter your room number after you connect.