Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen tcpip.sys + 3min freezes

• Please log in to reply

mdc1600

mdc1600

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Hello! 

When I use my laptop, it often freezes in-game or while browsing.

CPU is always high, often blue screen.

Here are the dump files : Attached File  010712-27690-01.zip   466.22KB   211 downloads

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

:welcome:   mdc1600,

Unfortunately the dump files are too old to be of any use, last one is dated June 19 2015, this means that either crash dumps have been disabled or Windows is in fact not crashing and that the issue is hardware related, the symptoms that you describe are common with overheating and/or problems with the HDD.

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

TIP

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

mdc1600

mdc1600

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

:oops:  yes, wrong files :D

These are the newest Attached File  080715-33431-01.zip   55.71KB   211 downloads

mdc1600

mdc1600

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

http://speccy.pirifo...ZcOwlGPeahF14eY

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Took a look at the Speccy report first so as to provide you with some feedback while I check the latest dump files, there is nothing untowards shown in Speccy that would explain the problem which may suggest that your hardware is ok, I say "may suggest" as the problem could still be heat related.

As an asides, can I ask if you knowingly downloaded/installed Easybits GO Services for Windows

Not meaning to nag but as I requested please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page and if you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab – bottom right of the dialogue input box and this will ensure that no information that you provide is overlooked (this can happen if your topic has more than one page)  

Edit to add;

The cause of the first crash is not clearly identified as in the process identified was named system which could mean anything, the second dump however points towards explorer.exe, drivers or Windows being corrupted could both be the cause.

Suggestions in order of ease etc;

Create a new Restore Point.

You are connected to the internet using an Atheros AR5B93 Wireless Network Adapter, go into the Device Manager, highlight the Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter, right click, select uninstall, restart the computer and test.

Uninstall Avast and install MSE for testing purposes, MSE from here

If neither of the above resolves the issue we will need to check Windows for corruption.

mdc1600

mdc1600

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I don't know about the easybits, should I uninstall it (maybe my mother had installed it)?

-now restarting after uninstalled miniport adapter

-testing

-yes , overhetaing is occuring (80C) , didn't crash, I will make test N2

-yes, town of salem froze it. Now avast

-It is better now , but still freezes and temperature  ~70 C

Edited by mdc1600, 09 August 2015 - 02:57 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

EasyBits Uninstaller courtesy of MAJOR GEEKS here please disregard any other product or service that may be offered at the link.

To help with reducing the temperatures use the example HP cleaning guide here

Overheating causes serious harm so I suggest that you do that first and only then do the following, download then run the All in One Repair from here, disregard the malware guidance but follow the other steps to the letter and in particular ensuring that you first create a new restore point and perform a proper Windows clean boot before running the repair, details for the clean boot here.

mdc1600

mdc1600

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Cleaning didn't help (I have heard that the thermal paste may be the problem)

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Cleaning didn't help (I have heard that the thermal paste may be the problem)

Can you explain what you mean by "didn`t help" as in what happened exactly, any new crash dumps generated for example, if yes please attach them.

What are the CPU temps since you have done the cleaning.

mdc1600

mdc1600

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
CPU still burning - 70-75C without playing , just browser. My big problems are the 2-3 min freezes that occur randomly .

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

CPU still burning - 70-75C without playing , just browser. My big problems are the 2-3 min freezes that occur randomly .

This does suggest that the problem is overheating, the notebook should shut down if the temp exceeds the max safe temp which is between 72°C and 81°C for Athlon 11 notebook CPUs, it is also worth mentioning that the video chip will be generating heat as well.

It is not often that the thermal paste needs to be removed and re-applied but it does sometimes need to be done, can you post the model name and/or number of the Acer notebook so we can do some research.

Can I ask if you are using the notebook on a flat and even surface to allow the air to circulate around the base and exhaust vents etc. 

mdc1600

mdc1600

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Aspire 5542G;

Surface is flat wood, I even use a cooling pad.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Cleaning off and reapplying fresh thermal compound will require partially dismantling the notebook, something that should only be done if you are confident enough to undertake the task, couple of guides here and here, take a look and decide if you will diy or pass it on to a Tech.

Surface is flat wood, I even use a cooling pad.

Both will be helping and imagine the temps without the above  :alarm:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Not heard back from you mdc1600, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

mdc1600

mdc1600

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
When I go to the shop, I will buy it, I didnt had time, it will work, thank you!