Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sluggish/Pop Ups/Blue Screen [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Pyxis

Pyxis

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,228 posts
Noted. :)

Advertisements

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Hello ... So far it looks as tho it's running fine. However I ran malware bytes and it found

image.jpeg      I did click on remove selected.

It also won't completely update this ...

image.jpeg

I apologize .. I posted this from my iPhone .. i could see there was an error so I logged onto my desktop but i am not sure how to fix it,

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

Edited by Lexy610, 18 September 2015 - 12:22 AM.

Pyxis

Pyxis

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,228 posts
1st and 2nd attachments: I cannot see the images, but I will assume it has been removed. Do re-upload.

3rd attachment and 4th attachments: The first is associated with drivers by Creative Labs, which could mean a simple application lag or broken components in which re-installation might be the solution if it does quirk again. The second is likely an issue stemming from Microsoft's support termination for Windows XP. There may be dependent components necessary that it was unable to install. You can try to see if this 'one' works. This is the furthest I can assist you with non-malware related issues, however.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

OK I will upload as soon as I have access to my desktop .. its horrible trying to do it from my iPhone

So do you think my drive will fail or will it be OK now? Do I have to post on another forum about the drive?

Pyxis

Pyxis

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,228 posts
This was and is my suggestion:

How is your system running now? If you do decide to go that route, I would have to direct you to the support forums for Operating Systems. My suggestion before getting the hard drive replaced, however, is to restore from the clone (which we assume is in pristine condition) since you are looking into doing it anyway. If it quirks after that then by all means software issues will have been ruled out, and you can work on getting a replacement hard drive.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts
Sorry was bombarded at work and working many hours. I will update you tomorrow. thanks :)