Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Not sure what the problem is... Dell Inspiron p27f

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

This is a second post because I don't think I listed it in the right forum.  I recently inherited my step son's laptop.  It was bought because he is a gamer, only it didn't have the punch he needed, so he got a new one, and I got his.  I deleted all the games, ran malware bytes.  I tried turning on defender and got a windows error 577.  I downloaded avast so I would have some security.  I requested Windows 10 in case that would fix the slowness.  When I looked at the startup files, it appears that there are duplicates...  

This laptop is very slow...  is there anyway to check to see if it is functioning correctly?  It is a Dell P28F inspiron.  

thanks in advance - 

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 19,715 posts

Duplicate topic closed, ongoing thread here.