Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to Remove Programs not recognised by Add/Remove or Revo

add/remove; Revo Uninstall

• Please log in to reply

Mettaphorica

Mettaphorica

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi all

I am not sure whether this belongs in Windows 7 forum or here, but here goes. First up, I'm not all that tech savvy, but I do try and solve my own problems so am willing to give things a go. My problem is this, how do I uninstall programs that are not listed in the Win 7 Add/Remove Programs list? In my research for this problem so far, Revo Uninstall was recommended. I downloaded this, but it  does not recognise the programs I wish to uninstall. I also tried Wise Progam Remover, and it has the same issues as Revo Uninstall.

I then searched Youtube for how to remove programs, and came across a video that shows how to do it using the CMD prompt. However, when I follow the instructions, the list of programs in CMD box does not include the ones I want to uninstall either. They seem to escape detection except in my C:programs list.

The programs I want to uninstall include Alice, Hola, Notepad++, Hackety-Hack ( yes, I was trying to teach myself programming) and a host of others. (I'd like to get rid of MS games, too, as I never use them).  A few of these had their own uninstall feature but it takes a bit of searching, but others, like Alice, do not.

My own research has yielded no joy, so am wondering what to try now. I didn't think it was okay to just delete them.

thanks for all help

cheers

Donna

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello Mettaphorica  :welcome:  ,

1.   How do I uninstall Alice?

2.    For Notepad++,

How did you "install" it? If you downloaded the .ZIP package, no uninstall is needed - just delete the N++ folder. If you used the N++ installer, it creates an entry that show up in Control Panel.

3.     How to uninstall Hola?

4.     Uninstall in the file you installed in (not in control panel). In program files\common file\hacketyhack\0.r1529\uninstall.exe

5.      Uninstall games, which are preinstalled with Windows 7 --> If you need to install games again you need windows 7 cd