Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lexar 32 gig hard drive

• Please log in to reply

fixitnow

fixitnow

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Ok using a 32 gig snap drive and I store 5 videos on it I then plug it in to my Blu  ray dvd player usb port which is hooked up to my 40 inch flat screen; which has no USB port when I go to play all I have is 3 movies on the snap not 5 but when I use my lab top it shows 5 movies as normal !  ?

So whats that all about and more important how do I fix the problem  ?  ?     Is this normal and why; do I need a special snap drive that matches up with my blu - ray player specs ; what do I keep missing  ?  ?  ?

Thanks a bunch need help  :  (

Advertisements

amarkkassery

amarkkassery

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

It seems like the format type of the videos you are not seeing is not supported by the Blu-Ray player.

If you know to look for hidden file extensions, please tell us the extensions of all the 5 video files. Else, can you tell me what OS you have on the computer that you copied the videos to the snap drive from, so that we can help you better?

fixitnow

fixitnow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Humm ok no idea where or how to read hidden file extensions;  using windows 8.1  64 bit - 4 gigs of ram hope that helps and ops don t see anything else on the external  HD; no photos or e books or software etc and dont have a usb port on my 40 inch flat screen or another dvd player to try out  :  (

amarkkassery

amarkkassery

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Alright,

Sorry about the late response, but if you go to your "File Explorer", and on the ribbon view, select the "View" tab, and under Show/Hide check "File name extensions".

Now open the location of your videos on the flash drive from your computer. Please post the file extensions of all the videos that you want to view on your TV (for example, if your video is called "Video.mpg", then the extension is mpg). Also please let me know which files can be seen on your Blu-Ray Player.

fixitnow

fixitnow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Ok no idea what types of formats my blu ray dvd plays.      But when i play a burned dvd it plays all xvid; mp4 ; avi; wmv ; mkv etc it never stopped playing a thing ; the problem

is the snap drive i do see on the player USB port it says "  500 V and 500 ma " no idea what that means.       And its shocking that my huge 40 inch flat screen has no USB port 

dang it; must look and be sure next time.

I see my snap drive has 2 mp4 and 2 wmv formats so what now; might need a cheaper non blu ray player and next time get a usb flat screen :  (

Later 

amarkkassery

amarkkassery

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Can you confirm which files you are able to see on your Bluray player (the mp4 or wmv files.)?

Also can you open all files from your flash drive on your computer, fine?

fixitnow

fixitnow

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Sometimes i see the Mp4 and sometimes i don t and usually it won t play and my external HD nothing shows up dang it;  amazing how i have no other posting s this should try for every to get answers not a tuff question whats with people here weird .

Maybe i need a cheaper USB /  HD  non blu-ray player was a mistake to get blu-ray now that i have a 40 inch Tv  Blu-ray dvds make no difference; its the TV set thats makes

a video never the blu- ray  .

Amazing no fix yet hummm .