Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How To Create Code Generators for Documents?

codes password documents secret membersonly

• Please log in to reply

trincess

trincess

• Pip
  • 1 posts

How do you create codes for documents?

EXAMPLE

I have a membership based organization, and I have a functional document that our members can access if they have a password.  However, this does not guarantee security of the document to members only because once it's opened on to their computers it's free range. They can send it and use it as much as they like.   At first I thought have the members get a code sent to them every time they go use it, but that does not work either.

So my other thought would be to make it an online document with a constant code generator. Also not sure how to make an excel workbook into an online document. That's my other question.

Lisa

Advertisements

AceInfinity

AceInfinity

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 34 posts
  • MVP

And what about screen capture software? They don't need to have it saved locally to share the data, or take a photo of the document. Otherwise, I'm certain you can possibly do this with Google Docs... Haven't checked yet though. The other new option (that I have yet to look into myself) is by Microsoft: www.docs.com

Edited by AceInfinity, 29 August 2015 - 07:36 PM.