Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD tcpip.sys, seemingly random

Best Answer Ztruker , 13 August 2015 - 03:45 PM

The dumps show: Once - CBUFS.sys Comodo backup Twice - PalmUSBD.sys Palm, Inc. belonging to product HotSync® Manager Thrice - e1e5132.sys component of Intel® PRO/1000 PCI Express Net... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

sunishun

sunishun

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I recently installed a new motherboard and hard drive. Since then, I've had several BSOD occurances. Minidump zip attached. Thanks so much in advance.

SYSTEM

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3

Motherboard: DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6700, 2666 MHz (10 x 267)

BIOS Type: Phoenix (05/24/07)

Attached Files

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
✓  Best Answer

The dumps show:

Once - CBUFS.sys Comodo backup
Twice - PalmUSBD.sys Palm, Inc. belonging to product HotSync® Manager
Thrice - e1e5132.sys component of Intel® PRO/1000 PCI Express Network Connection Drive

Look for newer drivers or consider upgrading to a newer OS like Win 7, 8.1 or 10.

sunishun

sunishun

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

The dumps show:

Once - CBUFS.sys Comodo backup
Twice - PalmUSBD.sys Palm, Inc. belonging to product HotSync® Manager
Thrice - e1e5132.sys component of Intel® PRO/1000 PCI Express Network Connection Drive

Look for newer drivers or consider upgrading to a newer OS like Win 7, 8.1 or 10.

Thank you very much for your help. To be clear, does that mean that those three items are causing conflicts, leading to crashes? I tried Win 7 after installing the new drive and board. I didn't like it and went back to XP. I might try again if the 10 upgrade is free.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

No way to tell. I would look for updates for drivers for those devices and see if that fixes the problem.

sunishun

sunishun

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Just an update. I uninstalled/reinstalled Comodo and updated those two drivers. The problem has stopped. Thank you for your help, Ztruker.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You're welcome, glad that helped.