Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Some websites not loading correctly

• Please log in to reply

launie8

launie8

• Pip
  • 2 posts

I recently got a new laptop and some websites load with text only to the left of the page.  It doesn't seem to matter which browser I use as I've tried it on both chrome and IE.  These websites load properly on my old laptop which used windows 7.  The new laptop has windows 8.1 which I have just recently upgraded to windows 10 and I still have the same problem.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

L

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello launie8  :welcome:

The problem starts with windows 8 itself or after upgrading to windows 10?

I suggest you to update the suitable network drivers of your laptop so that you can have proper web pages loaded. Also did you have any Anti-virus in your laptop?

launie8

launie8

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I had the problem with both windows 8.1 and windows 10 but not with windows 7 on my old laptop.  I do have anti-virus on both laptops as well.  I've updated my network drivers but still having the issue.  Any other options?

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Did you try this?

Start - All Programs - Accessories and right click on Command Prompt, select "Run as Administrator" to open a command prompt. [For Windows 8: <Windows Logo> + x - Command Prompt(Admin)]

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults: netsh winsock reset catalog

Reset IPv4 TCP/IP stack to installation defaults. netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log