Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rebooting occuring during graphic intensive games

• Please log in to reply

KupoTime

KupoTime

• Pip
  • 7 posts

So, when I try to run Trove or Tera. My PC reboots entirely. I recently re-installed Windows 7 and everything should be fresh. I believe I attained the correct drivers and I've used CCleaner to get rid of any excess old drivers that may have been there, but I don't believe so. I wanted to follow up with a memory test on ram but I don't have a blank CD or a usb to run the proper tests, I tried a windows tool to do so but in event viewer the test just comes up blank with no details as to what occurred.

http://speccy.pirifo...3LeDxgMtT6FURQB These would be my Speccy details at the moment as well as..

http://prntscr.com/85ubo1 what it says about each reboot in event viewer.

I've attempted to run WhoCrashed as well with nothing being found by the program.

I suspect it might be the power supply but it runs fine with games such as League of Legends and Kingdoms of Amalur with no issue whatsoever, so I don't know how to even begin to pinpoint this.

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello Kupotime,

The critical error shown by event viewer is that you didn't shutdown your pc properly, Likely you said it rebooted by itself while playing games.

I suggest you to run sfc /scannow in command prompt. See here How to run sfc /scannow.

To perform your hard disk test. Run chkdsk /f /r. This will remove bad sectors in the hard disk.How to run chkdsk

Also run internal Memory test. (No blank cd or pendrive required)

KupoTime

KupoTime

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Scannow found no issues, chkdsk found no bad sectors and all the memory passed the tests.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

What is your power supply Unit Rating?

After shutdown of your pc during playing games did you try to touch your processor? whether it is hot?

Edit: Try a disk cleanup  , when was the problem starts ? Did you played the aforementioned games before?

Edited by Dashing star, 18 August 2015 - 01:16 AM.

KupoTime

KupoTime

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

The power supply is a 1000watt unit, I recently formatted for a new HDD drive and reinstalled windows 7 upon it. I've since upgraded my entire PC. New video card, tested ram, tested cpu and power supply. My games worked fine on my old rig, but now on this one when the graphics get more intense it seems to just shut itself off and restarts.

Disk clean up only removed a few recycle bin items.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

why you User Account control shows it is disable? 

what about reinstalling those two games?

KupoTime

KupoTime

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I'll have to return tomorrow with an update on a reinstallation as my internet is not the best. What do you see as disabled though?

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Thanks for Update.  :thumbsup:

If you have time do this and let me know tomorrow.  ;)

Uninstall the games, Enable User Account control (UAC)--> see here

Install games again.

KupoTime

KupoTime

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Reinstalled faster than expected. Didn't seem to solve the problem, lasted a little longer and inevitably crashed.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

what about any other games behaving?

Because as far from your system specs i dont think it is hardware issue! Did your graphic is capable of playing this games? Did you reinstall from website or did you have setup?

KupoTime

KupoTime

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Yeah, my graphics should be fine. I tried running Final Fantasy 13 and Skyrim at Ultra High and they were both fine. I tested Insurgency as well and it crashed. I download all these from steam.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Try the following steps:

• Ensure your computer meets the system requirements.
  • Check if your anti-virus program is blocking insurgency.exe. Give it an exemption, if so.
  • Verify your game by right clicking Insurgency in Steam, Properties, Local Files, Verify integrity of game cache.
  • Disable any background software that may interfere with the game such as Overwolf, Raptr, Xfire, Mumble’s overlay or Shadowplay.
  • Disable the Steam overlay for in game.
  • Make sure Windows Update is receiving updates and is patched up.
  • Update the drivers for your graphics card and chipset.
  • Adjust your screen resolution to a lower one than you are trying to use, this may need to be less than native. Alternatively try to set it to the borderless window mode at your native resolution.
  • Try lowering your graphics settings, including those under Advanced Video (effects detail, texture detail, etc).
  • If you are crashing while trying to join a server with Matchmaking, try using the server browser. If you are crashing while trying to use the server browser, try joining with Matchmaking.

For Trove see here.