Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD/DVD ROM Disabled in BIOS Enabled in Device Manager

#cd/dvdnotinfilemanger

• Please log in to reply

Rodzila67

Rodzila67

• Pip
  • 3 posts

My cd/dvd rom does not show or prompt when I insert a cd or dvd.  It shows up as disabled in the Bios but it is showing as enabled in the device manager.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Did you try enabling it in BIOS then?

Rodzila67

Rodzila67

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Yes. I am unable to change that status in the BIOS. It is supposed allow you to make changes with the -/+ keys but no such luck!  Nothing happens!! 

Rodzila67

Rodzila67

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Yes!  I tried that.  It does not allow me to change the option to enable?  The explanation key in the right lower screen of the Boot tab in BIOS states you use the -/+ keyes to make changes but nothing happens?Help Me!!!

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

Rodzila67, please stop reporting your posts. Ztruker will get notified when you reply. Reporting your posts sends an email to all of the admin and moderating staff, and is meant for reporting spam, etc.

Thanks, sari

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Make sure your keyboard is working. Then go to booting order and see whether your CD-ROM is there if so then highlight your 2nd booting device and press +/- key it changes the order see carefully.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Can you take a picture of the BIOS info for drives and post it here please?

Did the optical drive ever work in this computer?

Did you replace it or disconnect it?

Is it SATA or PATA (IDE). If PATA, is it jumpered correctly. Optical drives are usually jumpered for Cable Select (CS) but sometimes they need to be jumpered fro Master or Slave, depending on which connector that are plugged on. If the very end one then Master, otherwise Slave.