Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unknown freeze

Best Answer Luorps , 01 September 2015 - 12:02 AM

Phill, Dash... Thank you so very much for the time and help you both provided. On a whim, I thought I would go into my video card settings and lower them to performance base. Viola! No more freezes... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Luorps

Luorps

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I have a Z97 core i7 motherboard, Intel core i7 prcessor, GTX 970 video card, Corsair H60 liquid cooler along with an 850 PSU. I can not figure out why my rig freezes (racing games prodominatly. All stock config. Ideas?

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello Luorps  :welcome:

Did you system freezes on gaming or running any other apps. or in windows?

Luorps

Luorps

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Hello Dash. And thanks for the welcome. It just freezes for aproximatley 20 secs. when gaming. I can't figure it out. Possible bunk cooler?

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

May be it cause because of overloading of GPU. 

Step 1:

clean of all dust inside and cpu and graphic card --> How to clean the pc

Step 2:

Run Furmark GPU stress test from here.

Details Here.

Luorps

Luorps

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I am going to follow your advice this weekend. Makes sense. Thanks!

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Thanks for updating!  :thumbsup:

Luorps

Luorps

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Hello Dash, I ran the FurMark stress test after I cleaned the dust out of my rig. Darn thin told me that my GPU ended up at 76 c. It still freezes for about 20 secs. It freezes predominatley during racing sims but also on others, most notable Arma. Thanks.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Hello Luorps,

First off can you tell us the brand and model name or number of the PSU.

Second;

Download Speedfan and install it.  Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.  The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.

If you are running on a vista machine, please go to where you installed the program and run the program as administrator.

speedfan.png

(this is a screenshot from a vista machine)

Download then run HWMonitor and post a screenshot so that we have a comparison to the Speedfan results, details from here

To capture and post a screenshot;

Click on the ALT key + PRT SCR key..its on the top row..right hand side..now click on start...all programs...accessories...paint....left click in the white area ...press CTRL + V...click on file...click on save...save it to your desktop...name it something related to the screen your capturing... BE SURE TO SAVE IT AS A .JPG ...otherwise it may be to big to upload... then after typing in any response you have... click on browse...desktop...find the screenshot..select it and click on the upload button...then on the lower left...after it says upload successful...click on add reply like you normally would.

Screenshot instructions are provided to assist those that may read this topic but are not yet aware of the “how to”.

JAFYI: I have suggested checking the PSU and temps first because if it were driver related you would normally get an on screen message such as "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" you have not mentioned seeing such a message so checking the PSU and then Direct X are my initial suggestions, btw, can you run Speedfan and HWMonitor after you have done some gaming, this will give us a more accurate idea of the temps and voltages.

Tip

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your thread click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.

Luorps

Luorps

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Hey Phill,

I will be away from my computer for a couple of days. I should be able to shoot you a post on Friday. Thanks for the info.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello Luorps, 

As phill will guide you better than me :yes: , i did not reply to the post. follow the steps he provided, Hope your problem will be solved!  :wave:

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Hey Phill,

I will be away from my computer for a couple of days. I should be able to shoot you a post on Friday. Thanks for the info.

No problem Luorps and thanks for letting us know  :thumbsup:

Didnt mean to hijack the thread Dashing star so please continue to help if you see something  :thumbsup:

Luorps

Luorps

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Thanks guys! Really do appreciate it.

Luorps

Luorps

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Oh...and by the way, my PSU is a Corsair TX850M.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

No phil, i did not think anything like hijacking, you just continue with this, i have to learn more things from you!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Speedfan and HWMonitor screenshots please Luorps  :)

Dashing star you humble me  :blush: