Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

bsdriver.sys [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Pyxis

Pyxis

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,228 posts

Let's reset your browsers:

Advertisements

sabusamra88

sabusamra88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Alright i reset all three

Pyxis

Pyxis

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,228 posts
Are you still getting that pop-up?

sabusamra88

sabusamra88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Yes I still am

Pyxis

Pyxis

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,228 posts
That's a persistent one alright. Could you describe how it appears? Does a new tab get opened when you open Microsoft Edge or does it appear from time to time?
  • Step 1

Run a free 'ESET Online Scan by ESET' by firstly saving the file to your desktop.
    • Double-click esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe. Accept the Terms of Use then click on Start.
    • Ensure the following settings are followed before clicking Start (you may or may not see the software warning at the very bottom):

nvMhqop.png

• The virus signature database will begin to download. Wait for the scan to end--it may take several hours.
    • Upon completion, select List of found threats > Export to text file....
    • Press Back and put a check on the following:
      • Uninstall application on close
      • Delete quarantined files
    • Click Finish.
    • Copy (CTRL + A and CTRL + C) and paste (CTRL + V) the content of the log in your next reply.
  • Step 2

Download 'Junkware Removal Tool by thisisu' and save it to your desktop.
    • Ensure all programs and windows are closed before proceeding.
    • Simply double-click the program icon to run it. It will ask for administrator privileges.
    • A black window will appear. Press any key to continue.
    • Wait for it to finish. It won't take long.
    • A log will automatically pop-up once done. Alternatively, you can find JRT.txt at your desktop.
    • Copy (CTRL + A and CTRL + C) and paste (CTRL + V) the content of the log in your next reply.
  • Logs to Post

In summary of the above, I will need you to post the following log(s):
    • JRT.txt (Junkware Removal Tool)
    • log.txt (ESET Online Scan)

sabusamra88

sabusamra88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

a new tab gets opened 

Attached Files

• Attached File  JRT.txt   1.41KB   90 downloads
  • Attached File  log.txt   31.7KB   117 downloads

Pyxis

Pyxis

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,228 posts
  • Step 1

Copy and paste the following into FRST's Search box:
    MicrosoftEdge;Microsoft Edge
    • Press the Search Registry button.
    • It will produce a log (Search.txt) once done.
  • Logs to Post

• Search.txt (Farbar Recovery Scan Tool)

sabusamra88

sabusamra88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Here you go sir

Attached Files

Pyxis

Pyxis

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,228 posts
Dang, that didn't list the entries we needed. Could you run this one for me instead? :)
  • Step 1

Copy and paste the following into Notepad and save as fixlist.txt to your desktop:
    Reg: reg query "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\Main"

Folder: %localappdata%\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Favorites
    • Run your copy of FRST. It is important to ensure it is located in your desktop.
    • Press the Fix button.
    • It will produce a log (fixlog.txt) once done.
  • Logs to Post

• fixlog.txt (Farbar Recovery Scan Tool)

sabusamra88

sabusamra88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

As requested

Attached Files

Advertisements

Pyxis

Pyxis

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,228 posts
The slashes don't seem to be in the script you copied which rendered it unreadable by FRST. At any rate, you can disregard it, as it appears registry changes won't be of help here because of Microsoft's new policy. You'd have to manually do the resetting.

To begin, you may want to take note of the guides I linked prior to doing this or pre-load them on another browser. Close Microsoft Edge and disconnect your computer from the Internet or go to 'Airplane mode'. Once you no longer have a connection, open your browser again. Close the adware tab that will open. Do the following after:I suggest using https://google.com as the default. Let me know if the pop-up appears again. Additionally, kindly provide me with fresh FRST logs. Check the Addition box before you press Scan.

sabusamra88

sabusamra88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

No adware popped up when i turned on airplane mode but i did do as requested 

Attached Files

Pyxis

Pyxis

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,228 posts
Nothing to see there. Is it still popping up? Let me know. We'll hard reset Microsoft Edge if that's the case.

sabusamra88

sabusamra88

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Yup it's still coming up

Pyxis

Pyxis

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,228 posts
Alright. Let's give it all we got. :lol: Kindly ensure the script you copy is exact--no missing slashes or anything. Try the next solution only if the first one does not remove the pop-up.
  • Solution 1

Copy and paste the following into Notepad and save as fixlist.txt to your desktop:
    CloseProcesses:

C:\Users\Samnuel\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\AC\MicrosoftEdge\User\Default\Recovery\Active

[-HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AppContainer\Storage\microsoft.microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\MicrosoftEdge\ContinuousBrowsing]
    • Run your copy of FRST. It is important to ensure it is located in your desktop.
    • Press the Fix button.
  • Solution 2

CloseProcesses:
    CreateRestorePoint:

C:\Users\Samuel\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    • Press the Fix button.
    • Open the Start menu. Search for PowerShell. Upon seeing it, right-click on the entry, and select Run as administrator.
    • Copy and paste the following into the PowerShell prompt and press Enter:
      Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" -Verbose}
    • Wait for some time for it to finish. Once done, reboot.