Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer/Computer Problem

• Please log in to reply

Dyg209

Dyg209

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi, I am having trouble with my printer this morning and I have tried to fix the problem myself, but it still isn't working.  So I noticed that my printer doesn't show up where it usually does, like for example when I select Print, the printer name usually pops right up, but it isn't doing that.  I go under Control Panel and go to Devices and Printers and try clicking on the printer and a message pops up saying, "The local print spooler service is not running.  Please restart the spooler or restart the machine."  I restarted my printer and my computer and it is still the same issue.  After this, I researched how to restart the spooler and went into Settings and into Services and right clicked on Print Spooler and selected Start, but then I get another message.  This message says, "Windows could not start the print spooler service on local computer.  Error 0x800706b9: Not enough resources are available to complete this operation."  So I'm not sure what to do.  If anybody could help me I would really appreciate it.  If you have any other questions that may help you help me, just let me know.

Thank you.

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Please help us with below information:

When exactly do you receive this error message?
What is the make and model number of the computer?
Did you make any change on the computer prior to this issue?
Which anti-virus application are you using on the computer?

A Quote from MS website,

Method 1:

Delete the pending files in printer folder and check:

Press Windows key + R and type services.msc in the search field and press enter.
In the Services listed stop the Print Spooler service.
In Windows Explorer, navigate to the folder below, and open the PRINTERS.
C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS
Click on Continue or Yes (if prompted by UAC) to approve opening the PRINTERS folder.
Delete all files in the PRINTERS folder until it is empty, and then close Windows Explorer. Note: DO NOT DELETE the PRINTERS folder itself. Only delete its contents.
Open Services, and start the Print Spooler service.

Method 2:

Let's start the all the dependencies service for the printer spooler service. Follow the steps provided.

Press Windows key + R and type services.msc in the search field and press ENTER.
Scroll down to Print spooler.
Right click and click properties, click the tab “Dependencies”
Note all of the dependent services listed, and then close thePrint Spooler Properties window.

If any of the dependent services are missing or cannot be started, try uninstalling all installed printer drivers and then reinstalling them.

Method 3:

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to install the latest driver for the printers from the manufacturer website and check if it helps. You can also refer to the article mentioned below if the issue persists.
Fix printer problems

Method 4:

You may also try to temporarily disable security software from the computer and try to print. If you are able to print, you may contact the security software Manufacturer and check if you need to change any settings