Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

how to recover my data

• Please log in to reply

remi6

remi6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

wait a sec...you cannot delete the partition...why not?

The system hang up

what error message?

None

That sounds slightly different--perhaps faulty raid controller.

If that is the case, a similar motherboard/raid controller may be able to retrieve the the data.

Could be. But in the mean time I destroyed my data. :-) I tried deleting the disk array and recreating it. Now it is empty. :-)

I decided to quit using the raid system. I pulled the connector out of the array controller en plugged it in the ide controller on the mainbord. I formatted a part of the first disk and now reinstalling Windows on it. No problems with that so the first disk seems to be ok. The second disk is recognised by the system and a small partition is formatted too. So I guess both disks are fysically ok.

That means the raid controller is the problem or it was just very bad luck as I turned the power off. I guess the latest. But as I decided not to use my raid system again and lost my data anyway, it doesn't make any difference.

Sad but I have to live with it.

Thanks for your support.

Advertisements

Rico750

Rico750

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
what i often do is taking the hard drive out of the machine and slave it it another xp machine or use the other pc's cd rom cables. Run the scandisk + repair there just from that pc s windows for the new drive wich will appear (often the scandisk will start then after you reboot) and that will very often take care of the problem.

remi6

remi6

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi Rico

I know. Unfortunately this was a raid striping system. The problems than are much bigger than with a single disk system.

By the way, I have normally different installations on 1 disk. If you run an other installation, often this solves the problem already.

CU