Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple malware/adware programs keep installing, please help [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts
Hello :)

Yes, those can be deleted as well. :thumbsup: How is the machine running?

Advertisements

Alkalidum

Alkalidum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

I noticed my Nvidia graphics card driver was outdated by a lot, so checked the rest of my drivers and it seems like every single one of my drivers was outdated which is odd because i know they was all up to date before the virus, so i think the virus must have deleted all my currant drivers, i updated my Nvidia driver and on the Nvidia interface i clicked optimise game settings and ran Hearthstone.

It seems to be running a LOT better but still not perfect, its still doing the constant flashing but not as much as it was before, my CPU is also no longer running up to 90+%! :) Progress :D

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

I noticed my Nvidia graphics card driver was outdated by a lot, so checked the rest of my drivers and it seems like every single one of my drivers was outdated which is odd because i know they was all up to date before the virus, so i think the virus must have deleted all my currant drivers, i updated my Nvidia driver and on the Nvidia interface i clicked optimise game settings and ran Hearthstone.

It seems to be running a LOT better but still not perfect, its still doing the constant flashing but not as much as it was before, my CPU is also no longer running up to 90+%! :) Progress :D

Hello :)

That's good to hear, and if you'd like the hardware techs to run some scans with their tools, please visit them at the link below. Also, I've included a link to the Games forum as well, just in case. :thumbsup:

Hardware Forum

Games Forum

Alkalidum

Alkalidum

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Hey :)

Awesome! Thank you so much for your help and having the patience to guide me through it :D, you're an absolute hero!  :prop:  

I cant understand why anyone in their right minds would create programs or viruses to purposely harm other peoples property :( but you guys are the Superheroes defeating them one at a time. :D

And if i ever get a virus again (touch wood i never will!) i know exactly where to come :) and i'll make sure all my friends know about you guys too!

I will definitely check out the other 2 forums :)

And once again thanks for all the help!!! :)

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

Hey :)

Awesome! Thank you so much for your help and having the patience to guide me through it :D, you're an absolute hero!  :prop:  
I cant understand why anyone in their right minds would create programs or viruses to purposely harm other peoples property :( but you guys are the Superheroes defeating them one at a time. :D
And if i ever get a virus again (touch wood i never will!) i know exactly where to come :) and i'll make sure all my friends know about you guys too!

I will definitely check out the other 2 forums :)

And once again thanks for all the help!!! :)

You're very welcome, it's my pleasure. :) It's really a shame that people so talented at computers choose to use their knowledge for destruction and law breaking, but we do our best beat them. If you ever need us again, please don't hesitate to come and see us. :thumbsup:

Safe surfing! :wave:

Pystryker

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.