Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows 2000 -Stop Error message- after windows up

• Please log in to reply

xfile47

xfile47

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Windows 2000

I have never helped anyone with windows 2000 or 2000 Pro before. When you start the computer it is a blue screen with txt and starts out saying a stop error

Stop:0x0000007B (0x81872030,0xc000014F,0x00000000,0x000000007 INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Then it says ot run a virus scan and chk disk etc but I can't get into normal or safe mode to do that, when you press F8 to get into safemode it comes up and you press enter then the next screen for windows you press enter then it ends up back at the blue screen witht the error again. Can someone please help me on what I can try or do?? Please? Thanks

:tazz:
I just called the guy and I guess it is windows 2000, so I asked him what he was doing when this error first happened and this is what he told me.

He said everything was running alright. He went to windows updates and there were like 5 updates. There was one and he said he could not remember what it was but thought it was some kind of an upgrade or something but it was a windows update, he said he downloaded it and when it said to restart his computer that is when the error came up and has been there ever since.

I tried to get to safemode and can get where you go there but when you push enter then the error comes back up, I tried last known good configuration and at first I thought it was going to work because all of a sudden the windows 2000 screen came up and the blue line like it was loading but then went off and the error came back up.

any idea's on how I can get it going? a boot disk maybe? He is in another town that is why I called him and he says that is all he did. Can you help me?

I made a set of windows 2000 boot disks can someone tell me how I can get them to start up, I can get into the BIOs but don't no what to change or how, In the BIOS if I goot to boot it says

Boot Divice Priority
Hard Disk Drives
Removable Devices
ATAPI CD-ROM Drives

If you click enter on the Boot Device Priority it then says
1st Boot device ATAPI CD-ROM
2nd Boot device Harddrive
3rd Boot device Removable Dev

What can I do to make it boot from the floppies?? Please help me. Thanks

Edited by xfile47, 14 June 2005 - 01:09 PM.

Advertisements