Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Beeping computer on startup

• Please log in to reply

isezgrr

isezgrr

• Pip
  • 2 posts

So today, I was playing GTA, nothing my computer can't handle, when suddenly, the screen froze and alt+tab/ctrl+alt+del didnt work. I shut down my computer, and when i tried to turn it on, 5 mins later, the power button flashed orange, and it started beeping. I unplugged everything, took off the side panel, and looked around. Nothing was out of the ordinary, so i closed it up, plugged it in, and turned it on. It did the same thing. I think the motherboard overheated, and the computer is going into a safe mode so that nothing fries. I am running a low-powered fan, and directing it into the case, also turning on the big fan in my room. If you can help, please just let me know. Thanks. smile.png

Specs:

Dell Inspiron 420 Refurbished

Windows 7

AMD 7750 (I think)

Dual-Core Intel processor

1 Case Fan, one Processor fan.

CX500 PSU

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,727 posts

The beeps have meaning.

http://en.community....iagnostic-chart

Computer Beep Codes

If an error occurs during startup that cannot be reported on the monitor, your computer may emit a beep code that identifies the problem. The beep code is a pattern of sounds: for example, one beep, followed by a second beep, and then a burst of three beeps (code 1-1-3) means that the computer was unable to read the data in NVRAM.  Some issues are caused by component failure or loose cables, others require hardware replacement.

If a beep code is emitted, write it down on a copy of the Diagnostics Checklist and look it up in the following table. If you are unable to resolve the problem by looking up the meaning of the beep code, use the Dell Diagnostics to identify a more serious cause. If you are still unable to resolve the problem, contact Dell for technical assistance.

isezgrr

isezgrr

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

nvm

fixed problem on my own last night

the ram got kicked out of its socket slightly