Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Router woes

netgear router static IP

• Please log in to reply

Odysey88

Odysey88

• Pip
  • 3 posts

hey guys, heres my story sad but true, I still play Crimson Skies. it an IP to IP game. I have been assigned a static IP. Running windows 8.1. I am connected to the internet through a netgear router. I have no idea which steps to take so my computer connects directly to the net without interferrance from the router. i also have a fast machine so I can host an evening with Atremis game.. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello Odysey88  :welcome:

Did you use wifi or Ethernet cable?

Odysey88

Odysey88

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I am hard wired from the router to the computer with ethernet cable.. I use the wifi for my Roku.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Sorry Odysey88 :no: i dont think there is an option for connecting to internet wired without a router!

Odysey88

Odysey88

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Ive got fiber to the house.From their "modem" a network cable to router.from router to computer. Im trying to figure out the proper steps to take in router settings and the computer settings. I have a static IP. costing me $10 a month.  I guess Im looking for a way to pass thru router to computer so I can play the games.