Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Assist with setup of HP P1102w to wireless network

HP Windows 8.1

Best Answer Dashing star , 25 August 2015 - 06:55 AM

I suggest you to remove old driver and download drivers again and try to install it from the new driver. Also before installing the printer using driver try to connect it using the USB to the... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

geeksugarbaby

geeksugarbaby

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

USB installation to my desktop went simple and was quick. 

Not so much on my laptop.

Installation stalls at the point where it asks me to connect the USB to the computer.

The only options are BACK and CANCEL and the rest of the software sits there waiting to load

and never does because everything stalls at this point.

Saw a similar issue in an online forum and these folks apparently had a bad USB port. Eventually found one that worked.

I tried all my ports and know they are connected and working because I get the DING sound when they connect.

Don't know if I'm up to dealing with HP via online chat.

Have gotten excellent guidance from smart people here on Geeks in the past and so I thought I'd check to see if

there are any Techies with lots of experience with setting up wireless network.

Added info - I've set up a network in the past and have no trouble with following written instructions, but HP's written

steps don't always seem to be Up to Date.

Hope to hear from someone soon.  

Thanks bunches!

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture.PNG

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Both pc and desktop have same OS? Did you have suitable drivers? Did you connect the printer in laptop with USB cable which is ame one which you used on your desktop pc?

geeksugarbaby

geeksugarbaby

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Hello Dashing!

I really appreciate the fast response.
Actually tried to delete / recall my post when 10 minutes later after deciding to reboot and try it one last time
Before falling into bed, the animation on the screen showed that data was indeed traveling thru the usb connection.

Both pc and desktop have same OS? --Yes
Did you have suitable drivers? -- That was the issue. the stall occurred at the install drivers stage
Did you connect the printer in laptop with USB cable which is ame one which you used on your desktop pc? --yes.

I still can't figure it...but its set up now and I hope this printer lasts forever because I now look
at installing a wireless printer with the same relish with which I visit my dentist.

:-)

Thanks again!!!

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
✓  Best Answer

I suggest you to remove old driver and download drivers again and try to install it from the new driver.

Also before installing the printer using driver try to connect it using the USB to the ports and see whether it get recognized.

Edited by Dashing star, 25 August 2015 - 06:56 AM.

geeksugarbaby

geeksugarbaby

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Thanks!! Its working fine now.

All is well.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Thanks for updating!   :thumbsup: