Lets run a checkdisc scan,
- Click on Start > Run and type in cmd
- Press Enter
- In the Command Prompt window type chkdsk c:/r and press Enter.
Please Note the space between k c:/r
- The next dialog box will now show the following:
Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
checked the next time the system restarts? <Y/N>
- Type Y
- and reboot the computer.
- Checkdisk will start once the computer reboots. It can take up to an hour or more to complete as it goes through the stages. Allow it to run uninterrupted till complete. To find the log that is produced please do the following:
Please download ListChkdskResult by SleepyDude to the desktop.
- Double click on the icon and click Run
- The log will appear on your desktop as a .txt file and the notepad will open. Please copy and paste the results in your next reply.