Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer freezes right after boot [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

Hello rajagopal,

You have several AdBlock addons in Chrome. Ad Block Express, AdBlock Plus Popup, Pop Up Blocker Program and AdBlock. I wonder whether there is some conflict going on.

To remove extensions/Addons.

In Google Chrome:

• Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
  • Click Tools.
  • Select Extensions.
  • One at a time click the trash can icon by all but one of your Adblock extensions
  • A confirmation dialog will appear, click Remove.

After that

Please go to the link below and follow the instructions on how to reset Google Chrome browser settings:

https://support.goog...r/3296214?hl=en

Try things again and come back and tell me if there is a change.

Advertisements

rajagopal

rajagopal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Hi Emeraldnzl,

In the Tools->Extensions page, I only see Adblock v2.39 installed. I don't see the other adblock programs in the extensions page...

rajagopal

rajagopal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

I have pasted below the list of extensions that show up in chrome tools->Extensions page.

AdBlock 2.39
AdBlock. The #1 ad blocker with over 200 million downloads. Blocks YouTube, Facebook and ALL ads by default (unlike Adblock Plus).
Details Options
ID: gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom
Inspect views: background page

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capture Webpage Screenshot Entirely. FireShot 0.98.80
Capture FULL webpage screenshots, edit and save them to PDF/JPEG/GIF/PNG/BMP; upload, print, send to Photoshop, clipboard or email
Details Options
ID: mcbpblocgmgfnpjjppndjkmgjaogfceg
Inspect views: background page

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cut the Rope 16
Cut the Rope, catch a star, and feed Om Nom candy in this award-winning game!
Details
ID: gkddaofiamhgfjmaccfcfpfolpgbeomj

Google Cast 15.721.0.5
Send content to your Chromecast and other devices that support Google Cast.
Details Options
ID: boadgeojelhgndaghljhdicfkmllpafd
Inspect views: background.html

Google Docs 0.9
Create and edit documents
Details
ID: aohghmighlieiainnegkcijnfilokake

Google Docs Offline 0.5
Get things done offline with the Google Docs family of products.
Details
ID: ghbmnnjooekpmoecnnnilnnbdlolhkhi

Google Sheets 1.1
Create and edit spreadsheets
Details
ID: felcaaldnbdncclmgdcncolpebgiejap

Google Slides 0.9
Create and edit presentations
Details
ID: aapocclcgogkmnckokdopfmhonfmgoek

Google Voice (by Google) 2.4.4
Make calls, send SMS, preview Inbox, and get notified of new messages. (US only)
Details Options
ID: kcnhkahnjcbndmmehfkdnkjomaanaooo
Inspect views: background.html (Inactive)

Island Runner 2.3.1
Island Runner is a very exciting and fun running game similar to the widely popular Temple Run.
Details
ID: kccnmldhohpnaahmlnafmfdigggmhaoc

Save as PDF 1.7
Lets you download web pages as PDF in one click.
Details Options
ID: kpdjmbiefanbdgnkcikhllpmjnnllbbc
Inspect views: background.html

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

Okay, let's do this:

Open notepad.

Please copy the contents of the code box below.

To do this highlight (click in the box and press Ctrl + A) the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad. Save it to the Desktop as fixlist.txt.

Alternatively type the contents of the box into notepad and save it to your desktop as fixlist.txt.

NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

CHR Extension: (Pop Up Blocker Program ) - C:\Users\Rajagopal Kumar\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\cdbefhoembdcnpapmodimamlnahaciih [2014-10-09]
CHR Extension: (Adblock Plus Popup) - C:\Users\Rajagopal Kumar\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\eaglijdkglfgnodgahnfalkohplchphh [2014-10-09]
CHR Extension: (Ad Block Express) - C:\Users\Rajagopal Kumar\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ankoaclbfmdocnmjbokdkohpehjjinen [2013-11-25]
CHR Extension: (Ad Block Express) - C:\Users\Rajagopal Kumar\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\lbcmmpmjjaockhkcofljpakjcbmjmgla [2013-02-10]

This script is specifically written for the infection on this person's computer. It should NOT to be used on another machine. It may cause serious damage even to the point of rendering the computer unusable.

Run FRST/FRST64 and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

After that

Please go to the link below and follow the instructions on how to reset Google Chrome browser settings:

https://support.goog...r/3296214?hl=en

Try your browser and tell me if there has been any change.

rajagopal

rajagopal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

So, whenever my computer froze while browsing, I think it has always happened through chrome. It is true that my computer has frozen during other phases of booting and after booting, but whenever freezing happened while browsing, I think it was chrome.

Sorry, I was wrong. The last freezing happened while I was browsing in firefox. :( I rebooted in safe mode and followed the steps to fix chrome and here is the fixlog.txt

Fix result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version:07-09-2015
Ran by Rajagopal Kumar (2015-09-07 17:49:03) Run:4
Running from C:\Users\Rajagopal Kumar\Desktop
Loaded Profiles: Rajagopal Kumar (Available Profiles: Rajagopal Kumar & rajagopal ravikumar)
Boot Mode: Safe Mode (with Networking)
==============================================

fixlist content:
CHR Extension: (Pop Up Blocker Program ) - C:\Users\Rajagopal Kumar\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\cdbefhoembdcnpapmodimamlnahaciih [2014-10-09]
CHR Extension: (Adblock Plus Popup) - C:\Users\Rajagopal Kumar\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\eaglijdkglfgnodgahnfalkohplchphh [2014-10-09]
CHR Extension: (Ad Block Express) - C:\Users\Rajagopal Kumar\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ankoaclbfmdocnmjbokdkohpehjjinen [2013-11-25]
CHR Extension: (Ad Block Express) - C:\Users\Rajagopal Kumar\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\lbcmmpmjjaockhkcofljpakjcbmjmgla [2013-02-10]

C:\Users\Rajagopal Kumar\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\cdbefhoembdcnpapmodimamlnahaciih => moved successfully
C:\Users\Rajagopal Kumar\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\eaglijdkglfgnodgahnfalkohplchphh => moved successfully
C:\Users\Rajagopal Kumar\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\ankoaclbfmdocnmjbokdkohpehjjinen => moved successfully
C:\Users\Rajagopal Kumar\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\lbcmmpmjjaockhkcofljpakjcbmjmgla => moved successfully

==== End of Fixlog 17:49:03 ====

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

Sorry, I was wrong. The last freezing happened while I was browsing in firefox.

Okay, let's try a complete uninstall and reinstall. We need to remove your Firefox profile data and settings. Before we do this we want to backup your bookmarks.

To back up your bookmarks:

In Firefox click the Bookmarks button Show All Bookmarks (likely down the bottom) > click Import and Backup(toolbar along the top) > Export HTML...  and save it to your desktop.

Later when you re-install FF you can reverse the process and Import HTML... when the Wizard comes up just import the HTML file you had saved earlier.

Now

Please go to Uninstall Firefox and follow the instructions for uninstalling Firefox. Make sure you check the box to Remove my Firefox personal data and customizations.

After that reinstall Firefox.

Note: If you do not have the Firefox Installer on your machine you will need to download it from here.

rajagopal

rajagopal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Hi Emeraldnzl,

I have completed the firefox uninstall and reinstall steps.

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

Tell me if there is a change.

rajagopal

rajagopal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

No Freezing so far. Have been using chrome. I will keep you posted...

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

:thumbsup:

Advertisements

rajagopal

rajagopal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

:)

rajagopal

rajagopal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Hi emeraldnzl,

I booted my computer into normal mode today and left idle in the login screen for a couple of minutes. Then when I clicked on login , there was "welcome" spinning wheel and my computer froze there. I rebooted my computer into normal mode again and logged in and left my computer idle, it froze in a short while after logging in. :(

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

Well I am out of ideas. I am not a techie and I think this is a technical issue.

We have ruled out a malware cause (although you can never be 100% sure) of this so I think now it's time to see if one of the Techs has any ideas.

Try opening a topic in the Windows 7 forum here.

Tell them the problem and that you have been here first. Provide a link to this topic.

I will be interested to here how it goes. :)

rajagopal

rajagopal

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Hi Emeraldnzl,

Thank you very much.. I really appreciate your help in resolving my problem.. I have opened the topic in Windows 7 forum here ...

emeraldnzl

emeraldnzl

GeekU Instructor

• GeekU Moderator
  • 20,051 posts

You are welcome.

Hope a solution can be found.

I am watching with interest. :)