Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Zotac GTX 950 AMP Edition Power Supply Need

• Please log in to reply

abhi47

abhi47

• Pip
  • 3 posts

So can i run Zotac GTX 950 AMP Edition 2gb with Cooler master eXtreme power plus 460w

(as i am not gonna over clock it and i don't have money to buy new psu as i have already bought this Graphics Card) as right now i am running a GTS 450 overclocked edition with this psu. And i also have phenom II x4 955BE a 125w cpu in my PC. So i wanted to know will this psu be able to handle a 960 without killing the 960 or killing itself. I usually game at 1366x768

Specks of PC are

MY system specs are
AMD Phen2om II x4 955BE (125W possessor)
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 (CPU Cooler)
Asus M5A78L-M/ USB3 (motherboard)
Corsair 4GB DD3 1333mhz + Corsair XMS 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz = 8GB(DDR3 RAM)
1TB WD Blue Caviar (Hard Disk)
1 LG DVD Drive
Cooler Master Extreme Power plus 460 (PSU_
two cabinet fan (that came with case)
Sparkale GTS 450 1GB GDDR5 (Advertised MAX TDP 106w)

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP

can't find any solid info on that card directly but this https://www.techpowe...Edition/28.html suggests that the max wattage is 144 watts so, probably fine as long as the PSU  you have has the right connectors for the PCIE power. though it says that the video card ships with a molex Y adapter so..

abhi47

abhi47

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

can't find any solid info on that card directly but this https://www.techpowe...Edition/28.html suggests that the max wattage is 144 watts so, probably fine as long as the PSU  you have has the right connectors for the PCIE power. though it says that the video card ships with a molex Y adapter so..

but my psu is 5 years old and i haved stupidly already ordered the card which i can't cancel. and i also don't have money for new psu not untill mid november. Will my psu be able to handle as i also have phenom ii x4 955be 125w processor

Farhad71

Farhad71

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi
can i use Zotac GTX 950 AMP Edition

on this config?

Mb: asus m4n78 se
ram: 2x2gb ddr2
cpu: amd athlon x2 x250
Psu: Green 485w