Hello again, pdl2
Which of the programs I downloaded do I need to keep?
We'll get rid of everything but Malwarebytes'. Whether you want to keep it or not is your choice. You'll find everything below
Good news. Your system looks clean and we can delete the tools that we've used. I've also prepared some tips for you to stay safe in the future. DelFix
Now that your system looks clean, we can clear system restore points and malware removal tools that we've used
. To do that, download and run Delfix
Make sure that all
options are checked and click Run
After the cleaning is done, DelFix.txt
will be opened in Notepad. If it won't, you can find it in C:\
directory. Select all (CTRL+A
) the content of the log, copy it (CTRL+C
) and paste (CTRL+V
) it into your next reply.Also, delete any other .exe .txt, .bat .reg or .zip files that we used and are remaining and empty the Recycle bin. Uninstalling programs
Go to Start Menu>Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall a program
(or Control Panel>Programs and Features
if using icon view) and remove ESET Online Scanner v3 Preventing Re-Infection
As prevention is better than cure, I have listed some tips for you to stay safe on the internet in the future. Make a good use of them. Adobe products have to always be updated
, because they also are being used to infect your computer.
Turning on Automatic Updates
- If you want to update Adobe Flash Player, visit this site.
- If you want to update Adobe Reader, visit this site.
- Warning!: Make sure to uncheck Optional offer box when downloading Adobe products or you will install an adware on your computer.
is a crucial security measure
. Keeping them out-of-date is like begging to get your system infected.
- Click Start > Control Panel > System and Security > Windows Update
- Under Windows Update click Turn automatic updating on or off
- Make sure that your settings are set so that you will receive updates automatically and click OK.
is one of programs that can check for out-of-date programs on your computer. You can get it here
. Recommendations for security programs
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is a new and powerful anti-malware tool. It is totally free but for real-time protection you will have to pay a small one-time fee.
- WinPatrol as a robust security monitor will alert you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. WinPatrol takes a snapshot of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that may occur without your knowledge.
- NoScript is a Firefox add-on that increases safety during surfing online by blocking malicious scripts.
- Unchecky will help you to avoid adware and PUPs by automatically removing checkmarks for these when installing programs.
- Web of Trust is an add-on for multiple browsers that warns you before entering websites with bad reputation.
is a new ransomware that heavily encrypts your important files
. At the moment there are no programs that can decrypt these files
. You can read how to protect against it here
For some good tips about how to prevent infection in the future, visit this
Remember to post the Delfix log