Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Decided to get a free message board system

• Please log in to reply

redaudifor

redaudifor

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I know a lot about message boards and am the admin of two phpbb forums right now.
My current host is 30/month.. so i am switching to a free host with ads (google= i have ads on my website now anyways to help with costs)

Anyways my question.

I am picking from Ezboard.com and freeinvision.com (?)

I am planning on buying a domain name

considering that i need to integrate a domain name.. and all other features..
which is the best free message board system?
completely new suggestions are welcome as well.. thanks

Advertisements

Nathan_Benton

Nathan_Benton

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Oh man, definantly go with invisionfree. I would actually prefer you to go to ipbfree.com I'm pretty sure that's the address, you can do more with them, but definantly, go with Invision Power Board of some kind.

MR0624

MR0624

• PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
www.proboards.com isn't bad either. They use a phpBB kind of script. It's pretty nice and it's completly free. However if you are getting a domain then I would definatly encourage getting a good cheap hosting account and setting up your own phpBB forum. It's more nice and customizable.

Michael (MR0624)

CrAzY_J

CrAzY_J

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
invisionfree>proboards>others

edit:
i am a proboards user and must say it's very user friendly but if you want to go for functionality(sp?) go for IF

Edited by CrAzY_J, 17 June 2005 - 11:33 PM.

Thing'e'

Thing'e'

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Go for Invisionfree. No doubt about it.

Deadringers

Deadringers

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
Invisionfree m8, i have a few there and its gr8 :tazz: you can do just about anything you like ;)

Boombastic

Boombastic

• Pip
  • 2 posts
http://www.forumotion.com is a decent host for message boards, Their boards have an expansive set of features and minimal advertisements (you aren't going to find a free hosting service without any ads at all).

DragonMaster Jay

DragonMaster Jay

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 826 posts
I agree, Boombastic. I use PHPbb3 on Forumotion. It is rather nice. The support in Forumotion is unbelievably great. Their support forum has so many answers.

Forumotion offers four different forum versions, and you can change the format at any time:

PHPbb2, PHPbb3, Invision, and PunBB.

Edit: TOPIC IS OLD. I guess I added good information anyway.

Edited by DragonMaster Jay, 16 April 2009 - 11:43 PM.