Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New PC.Is PSU good enough in this config.

PCPSU New Noob Help Components Newbie

Best Answer phillpower2 , 01 September 2015 - 11:39 AM

The PSU at your link is the Fortron Hyper 700W APFC 120cm Silent type and not the Cooler Master Elite 500W PFC 120cm Silent Fan that you mention in your OP, while it is not bronze rated the Fo... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

CENTRIU

CENTRIU

• Pip
  • 5 posts

I know there is a PSU calculator but the result was unbelievable ( around 1500 W )

Here's the config:

Hard Drive: 1.0TB (1000GB) SEAGATE Barracuda 14 3.5, 64MB, SATAIII 600

Memory: 16GB 1866MHz (DDR3,2x8GB) Kingston Hyper X - Total 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz

Optical drive: DVD-RW LG GH24NSB0 DVD RW SATA BLACK

Power Supply: Cooler Master Elite 500W PFC 120cm Silent Fan

Video card: AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB GDDR5 256bit

Processor: 8 core AMD FX-8300 3.30GHz to 4.20Ghz, 16MB, Socket AM3 +, plus Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO / 103

Motherboard: MSI AMD 970A-G43 / AM3 + USB3.0 / SATA III

Front Ports: 1 x USB 3.0; 1 x USB 2.0; headphone jack; output Microphone

Ports rear: 1 x PS / 2 Mouse Port; 1 x PS / 2 Keyboard Port; 1 x Coaxial SPDIF Out Port; 1 x Optical SPDIF Out Port; 4 x USB 2.0 Ports; 1 x eSATA3 Connector; 2 x USB 3.0 Ports; 1 x RJ-45 LAN Port with LED (ACT / LINK LED and SPEED LED); HD Audio Jack: Side Speaker / Rear Speaker / Central / Bass / Line in / Front Speaker / Microphone
Video outputs: 2 x Dual-Link DVI; 1 x HDMI (AMD HD3D Technology); 1 x DisplayPort 1.2

Thanks!

EDIT : Video Card, not cards.

Edited by CENTRIU, 30 August 2015 - 06:47 AM.

Advertisements

Nyser

Nyser

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Hi,

500w PSU for this build should be fine get a second opinion though I could be wrong.

CENTRIU

CENTRIU

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi,

500w PSU for this build should be fine get a second opinion though I could be wrong.

Thank you. Will do!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

Excuse the interjection folks  :)

:welcome:   CENTRIU,

To be more accurate we will need the brand name of the video cards but fwiw, X2 AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB GDDR5 256bit in Crossfire the minimum recommended PSU output is typically 750 watts and 50 amps on the +12V rail, card manufacturers will often overstate the PSU requirement however there is no getting away from the fact that if you do not follow their guidelines and things go pear shaped they are under no obligation to honour any warranty.

Tip

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your thread click on the Follow this topic tab, top right corner above your OP.

CENTRIU

CENTRIU

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

The GPU is only 1, my mistake. On the website it only says AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB GDDR5 256bit. The brand isn't mentioned.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

No problem  :thumbsup:

Being honest I would not use the proposed PSU with the build because when independently tested that model never put out anywhere near the claimed wattage and it is not even 80% efficiency rated, a bronze rated PSU is the minimum I would suggest with in any build to be on the safe side, see the link here for the Coolermaster performance results.

Is the list of parts one that you have put together or is it one that is pre-built, if the latter post a link for us to take a look at please.

BTW: I am finding 500W and 33 amps on the +12V rail for a single MSI version of the card but other brands may vary.

CENTRIU

CENTRIU

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

The PC is pre-built. I thought it would be more convenient not to post the link because it is in another language. Here: http://www.speedcomp...z/speed-game-i/

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts
✓  Best Answer

The PSU at your link is the Fortron Hyper 700W APFC 120cm Silent type and not the Cooler Master Elite 500W PFC 120cm Silent Fan that you mention in your OP, while it is not bronze rated the Fortron Hyper 700W APFC 120cm Silent would be acceptable for the build but at the same time it would not be the best.

CENTRIU

CENTRIU

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

The PSU at your link is the Fortron Hyper 700W APFC 120cm Silent type and not the Cooler Master Elite 500W PFC 120cm Silent Fan that you mention in your OP, while it is not bronze rated the Fortron Hyper 700W APFC 120cm Silent would be acceptable for the build but at the same time it would not be the best.

LOL! They changed it ! It was 500 W before, I swear :D. They realised they screwed up or smth and changed it. Thank you for replying ! Solved, I guess?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

You are most welcome and thank you for the follow up CENTRIU  :thumbsup:

Nice spec computer btw, enjoy  :)