Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Pavilion running painfully slow

• Please log in to reply

Paddyatomic

Paddyatomic

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Hi all, 

New to this and not much of a technical whizz but here goes....

I have recently acquired a HP pavilion PC running windows vista which I was hoping to use for storage, programs that my chromebook can't run and playing some of my old school PC games.  It was sooo slow to boot up and navigate on that I restored it to factory settings.

Having set it all back up it is still slow.  By slow I mean slow to boot up and open programs.  Simply switching between tabs causes the computer to freeze for around 60 seconds. Basically the thing is unusable in this condition.  It is an old machine (2007 I think) however I was wondering if there was a problem that I could fix to give this old hunk of junk a new lease of life?

I have managed to install iobit advanced system care and am currently giving it a scan

Any help or suggestions greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Paddy

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello Paddyatomic  :welcome:

I suggest you to create a topic in malware forum here. Details here.