Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unnecessary Background Processes/VERY HIGH CPU Temperatures

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

Jir

Jir

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

My disc usage occasionally gets to 100% too often, so I'd like to know what isn't needed from the list of things I have running:

1zd2lgy.png

29dkabm.png

71jw1u.png

Thank you!

Edited by Jir, 01 September 2015 - 07:43 PM.

Advertisements

Jir

Jir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

BUMP!

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello Jir,

can you post the image for task manager by select startup option?

Regards

Jir

Jir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Hello Jir,

can you post the image for task manager by select startup option?

Regards

Here it is:

25swuw3.png

Edited by Jir, 31 August 2015 - 11:51 PM.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Did you do all windows update?

Lets try a clean booting of windows, 

1. Begin by typing “msconfig” in the Cortana Search Box and then click on MSConfig (Run Command)
Or on your keyboard press the Windows + R key at the same time and type Msconfig in the run window, then click on OK or hit enter.

2. Now choose Selective Start-up

3. Remove the check from Load Startup Items

4. Click on the Services tab

5. Check “Hide all Microsoft Services” and then click on Disable All

6. Click on Apply and then on OK.

A message will appear that you need to restart your system, do this, you will notice that in many cases Windows will boot a lot faster. This is normal since many services that used to run before now, no longer run.

Let us inform whether this solved your issue.

Then,

How to Disable Clean Boot?

It’s the same as how to clean boot, only then you check the boxes, and click on Enable All on step 5.

Jir

Jir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Did you do all windows update?

Lets try a clean booting of windows, 

1. Begin by typing “msconfig” in the Cortana Search Box and then click on MSConfig (Run Command)
Or on your keyboard press the Windows + R key at the same time and type Msconfig in the run window, then click on OK or hit enter.

2. Now choose Selective Start-up

3. Remove the check from Load Startup Items

4. Click on the Services tab

5. Check “Hide all Microsoft Services” and then click on Disable All

6. Click on Apply and then on OK.

A message will appear that you need to restart your system, do this, you will notice that in many cases Windows will boot a lot faster. This is normal since many services that used to run before now, no longer run.

Let us inform whether this solved your issue.

Then,

How to Disable Clean Boot?

It’s the same as how to clean boot, only then you check the boxes, and click on Enable All on step 5.

I did that and it SEEMS to have made the temperature of my CPU less.. But when starting up the laptop the items under Service Host: Local System in Task Manager make the Disk 0 (C: D) usage pretty high. Also, Google Chrome, Malwarebytes, SearchProtocolHost and SearchIndexer are also making it high. (and when I watch any kind of videos, or download things, or just start up the laptop, the CPU temperature can get to 70-103C..)

Edited by Jir, 01 September 2015 - 12:15 AM.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

I did that and it SEEMS to have made the temperature of my CPU less.. But when starting up the laptop the items under Service Host: Local System in Task Manager make the Disk 0 (C: D) usage pretty high. Also, Google Chrome, Malwarebytes, SearchProtocolHost and SearchIndexer are also making it high. (and when I watch any kind of videos, or download things, or just start up the laptop, the CPU temperature can get to 70-103C..)

You talk about temp. what about processes?

Did you have problem in temp. also?

Please post speccy screen shot.

Jir

Jir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

You talk about temp. what about processes?

Did you have problem in temp. also?

Please post speccy screen shot.

Yes, I think they are tied together.

I'm not sure what you are asking me to take a screenshot of. Speccy?

http://www.geekstogo...lasts-annoying/

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
He means here: Speccy - Fast, lightweight, advanced system information tool for your PC.

Get the free version.

Jir

Jir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Here it is as soon as my laptop started up:

14nlnhu.png

For short periods of time it will go down to around 60-70C, but once I watch a video, download something, or play a game, it skyrockets..

Edited by Jir, 01 September 2015 - 07:37 PM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

The laptop is definitely running hot. Are the vents free of lint and junk? Have you tried blowing them out with compressed air?

Try doing a Clean Boot, see how it runs and if it's cooler. If yes then follow the directions for determining the cause of the problem:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

The laptop is definitely running hot. Are the vents free of lint and junk? Have you tried blowing them out with compressed air?

Try doing a Clean Boot, see how it runs and if it's cooler. If yes then follow the directions for determining the cause of the problem:

As you already did clean booting try to clean your laptop to make sure the heating is not caused by dust inside the laptop and post back for further issues.

Edited by Dashing star, 03 September 2015 - 01:11 AM.

Jir

Jir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

I forgot to mention that it's been doing this ever since I got it out of the BOX, last Friday.

I'm deciding to return it since they probably manufactured it wrong.. It's a shame since I liked the laptop.. MSI GT72 Dominator with NVIDIA GTX 970M. Their customer support is the worst though.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

This is a new laptop? 

Jir

Jir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Yes, it was brand new and had these problems ever since I got it, hasn't even been that long.