I have a client running Office 2007 and they cannot open .XLSX files by dbl-clicking on them. When I double click the file, I get the "openning rotating circle" for a moment and then nothing happens. The files DO open correctly if they first open Excel and then browse to the files to open them. Their Office 2007 has all the available updates installed, including the Compatibility Pack SP3. They are running Win7 Pro with all the updates installed. Any thoughts on what is causing this?
Error openning .XLSX files in Excel 2007 with Compatibility Pack SP3 i
Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:40 AM
Run the Microsoft Office Diagnostics feature from the Start menu. To do this, follow these steps:
- In Windows, click Start
- Point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Office, point to Microsoft Office Tools, and then click Microsoft Office Diagnostics.
- Note: If the Office Diagnostics tool identifies a problem, it tries to fix the problem.
Method 2: Run the Detect and Repair feature
- Click Start.
- If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, copy and paste (or type) the following command in the Search programs and files box, and then press ENTER:
- If you are running Windows XP, click Run, copy and paste (or type) the following command in the Open box, and then press ENTER:
- Click the name of the Microsoft Office Edition 2007 that you want to change, and then click Change.
- Click the option Repair, and then click Continue.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users